iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Parts

Started by Peter Drouin, January 04, 2023, 07:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

My 3500 GMC needs back spring perch on the end of the frame. GM doesn't make them anymore. 
Anyone know where on the web I guy can get parts. I looked and all I see is the plastic stuff, lights, bumper, fenders. No frame stuff.
Thanks for your time, 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moosehunter

We have a local truck spring shop that can usually find things like that. Allied Spring. Syracuse NY.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

doc henderson

LKQ online
lkqonline.com
all the junk yards.  fill out a form and start getting calls in a few hours with price and shipping.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

chevytaHOE5674

If your talking the rear hanger that the swing shackle attaches too then go to LMC truck they have what you need.

Home Page

doc henderson

what year?  they no longer make the taillight assembly for my 2007 classic 3500.  I have used LMC for older stuff.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

mudfarmer

Peter check on rockauto.com that is where I have been getting stuff for years. They had that same part for both of my old Fords. Those dang upside down spring hangers hold salt and sand and water and just rot right out :(

B.C.C. Lapp

Tell you one thing. If I was opening a dealership I'd get Doc H. to be my parts man.  
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Resonator

He's not parts counter, he specializes in body repair. ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

alan gage

Unless there is something odd about this year i'd expect them to be available via the aftermarket. We replace them now and again. Look for "leaf spring shackle" and see if that gets you in the neighborhood. A good parts store should be able to help you out too.

Replacing them isn't for the faint of heart. The bolts tend to seize in the bushings and can require a lot of persuasion. We've removed the truck bed on the last few for better access.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Peter Drouin

Thanks for all the help, guys.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Rock Auto might have them as well
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

GRANITEstateMP

Donovan Spring in Londonderry might be worth calling Peter.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 04, 2023, 02:06:10 PM
Is that in NH?
It's an on line Auto parts place
I have had great luck with them
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

What year is the truck ?

Walnut Beast

Have you looked at any you buy it you pull it junk yards. Where you do it, Some will pull and ship parts 

JJ

another source is Palmer Spring in Portland ME

https://palmerspring.com/

They fabricated a bunch of suspension parts for my 1980 K5 Chevy but was many years ago.
Shackles and leaf springs.

I live in Londonderry, I can check on Donovan Spring if you like.

JJ

Peter Drouin

I will call Donovan tomorrow, I forgot about them.
I do have a bunch of catalogs coming. Now :D
I'm thinking of taking the bed off. I looked today to see how to. It has to all come off the frame. The dump pins are welded in place. So is the dump piston. 2 halves, bed and bottom.
4 bolts, the backlights, Gas fillers--2, Wires for the hydro. Some straps and the 1044 will lift it off.
Well, that's the plan.  :D
That way I'll fix the truck, needs a muffler too.  Then bring the dump in the shop, set it on some legs, cut and weld, want to set it up differently.
It' a 2005  3500 4x4 5 speed standard with 70,000 miles on it.
I love the standard part, My 2006 2500 4x4 is a 5 speed too.
Hot Rod is sitting there looking at me all pith off. :D :D :D :D  I put the car cover on it, so it can't see me. :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

doc henderson

that pic was from LMC truck, and the price is on the next page in the online catalog.  what part, by number in the pic are you needing?

Bruno of NH

Rockauto has them for your truck $219.00 plus shipping 

Peter Drouin

12-13--The bolt might not be good after I pull it. 9 is what I need to replace.

Thanks, Bruno. Looks like $500 in parts, I need 2 not bad. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

They are good about shipping 
It's always worked good fir me

Peter Drouin

Coming slow, Fools welded where the hinges are to the frame. :o
Got it off.

Clean up the back of the frame.

You can see how bad the rust is. Getting new hangers was a pith, Tried a lot of places. They all had the small set, I needed the big ones   I did find them at Rock auto, Thanks Bruno there on the way
Truck show up, can't get away from the sawmill in your backyard. :D ;)

22' W Pine for a timber frame in the spring.

Have to replace the muffler too.
Pore Hot Rod just sets there all pith off. >:(

A&P saw Mill LLC.

barbender

Poor hot rod!😂 I've had good luck with Rock Auto as well, I got replacement hangers for my 97 Dodge 3500 from them a few years back.
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!