iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 2010 Crawler

Started by g_man, February 12, 2011, 08:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treefarmer87

they look a little over priced, but they do have a large selection.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Corley5

I agree on their high web site prices.  Is the stuff as high in person  ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

shinnlinger

Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

ve3xox

Quote from: g_man on February 12, 2011, 08:15:31 AM
I am thinking about getting a crawler to work on my woods roads and keep them open in winter. I found an early vintage (S/N 10000) Deere 2010 Crawler with a blade and winch. The winch control needs rebuilding but the rest looks good to an unexperienced eye. Its an old machine from the 60's still running. Thanks in advance for your comments.
I had my old girl for a couple years now. She just keeps on snorting. Worked the bush this winter and we had a great time.

beenthere

The Deere looks good perched up there. Good on the pics for a first time poster.

Welcome to the forum.

Any more pics of the Deere working the bush?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chet

Da grandson and I Gittin' Er Done last summer  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

Chet
Doesn't get any better than that.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Old Iron nut

We sold one two years ago for half that. Was in good shape, good undercarriage, good motor (gas), ran well. However; those machines are not one that I would recommend for one that is not familiar with dozers. They have a lot of shortcomings as some of the other fellows have said. Part prices are nuts for these old things, but so are those for Caterpillars. If you decide to get one of them and need parts, get on the 'net and shop before you buy. Had a similar case last year where Cat was 4 times the price of what I could get aftermarket parts for. The aftermarket parts, (steering clutches-English made and steering clutch hubs-Italian) were better quality than Cat's. Also 1/4 the price! I would not pay 5 grand for your friend's machine! Cheers, Old Iron nut.

smwwoody

I think you should be able to find a good 350 or 450 for that money

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

jtrichard

i have had my 2010 since 69 have had great luck with it pushed a lot of stuff with it put new chains on it in 73 had pins turned in 2000 now have 2 more all diesel and all have worked great putting a new (used set of rollers under one of them and a set of rebuilt tracks off of a 350 plus a few links) one loader 4in1 and mod 36 ripper two others both 622... 6 way hyd. dozers one has mod. 35 ripper..... Chet i see your was a diesel

beenthere

jt
Welcome to the forum.

Chains? How about some pics.  We like pics.

Are you logging with the 2010?  Or landscaping?
south central Wisconsin

jtrichard

i have to get a camera  i want to put up pics.  im near palm springs calif not many trees here lol.... just do grading and septic tanks havent had the loader long was surprised at how much rock she cuts..... track chains reused the pads

Ken 45lc

Too bad you didn't live closer, because then i'd sell you mine very cheap for parts. On mine, the rails rusted out where the idler slides back and forth. Mine also has the 6 way blade. It's been sitting in the garage for the last 3 years because I haven't decided wether it's worth repairing or not. I should probably just scrap it and give the wife that spot in the garage to get her off my back.

As far as dealing with Nash---Good luck. I recently sent photos of my 240D to see if we could work out a trade towards a grapple. They offered me 12k, when i asked why they are asking 26k for ones in worse condition they just said that's because we're selling it. So they basically weren't giving me anything towards the other skidder. That will be my first and last dealings with Nash Equipment.

timbuck2

I had one in the late 70's, same thing track frame bent and it would be headed back to the barn!   I figured out if I kept that side plugged up with snow and ice it wwent ok.  Sold it to a guy named Jimmy Carter, true story!

Thank You Sponsors!