Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: fuel & driving

Started by Ron Wenrich, March 27, 2005, 08:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD_ JD

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 07, 2005, 03:51:38 PM
We also get a fuel rebate for farm and forestry used fuel.
in here only on farming,and for all, non-traction stationary engine,but that one not much pep no about it ;D...i do :D
canadien forest ranger

Corley5

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 08, 2005, 06:22:11 AM
I take the lawn mower across it a couple of times and call it lawn mulch. Up here, by spring the bulk of it is deterioted any way. Talking maple a birch leaves here. I notice beech and oak leaves aren't as well broken down. ;D
I'd need some super suction blades to lift the mat off the ground to chop it.  There's no way grass would ever grow through it.  These are 99% maple leaves.  I drug an old set of bed springs around the yard with the Gator to loosen them up and then let them dry a couple days before blowing them out.  I hate grass and if I had my way I'd let the leaves lay and spray any grass that did come up with RoundUp ;D  Dee doesn't see it that though :)   
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

Till'em in and plant tomatos and Collards. ;D

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Kevin_H.

Just had the fuel man come by and drop off a 100 gal of red fuel, $205.00.

I asked him about leaving some gas and the price off the truck was $2.36 a gal. We can still get it here at walmart for $2.19. So we just loaded the tank onto the truck and filled it up.

I have been telling the wife that a new diesel mill will pay for it's self just in the fuel savings...  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Furby

AND help ya get that roof done, eh?  ;D ;D ;D

southview

Just heard on the news that some gas stations are being investigated for charging to little.  How about that the government regulates how low the prices can go.

Ernie

I knew a guy in Canada years ago who delivered gas to the retailers.  He would fill up his matte black tanker in the morning and leave it sitting in the sun till late afternoon when he would make his deliveries.  Since he bought and sold on volume and gas expands a lot with heat, he and his black tanker did very well indeed >:( >:( >:(  The poor gas station owner with his underground cold tanks did very poorly but none of them seemed to catch on to the rip off.

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

breederman

Here we go again!  Reg. gas is up to 2.57 ffom 2.37 in less than a week.  Forty five bucks to fill the breedermobile this morning. :(
Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Cost me $85 bucks (wasn't even empty) and 2 years ago it was $54
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

It's been $2.59 for several weeks around here.

Todd

The only real change I've noticed in y driving is speed.  I know my truck is just a giant brick and when I catch myself in traffic going 70-75 I'll back off and cruise in the slow lane.  (Can almost watch the gas gauge move left as the speedometer moves right :()

Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Tom

Me too Todd.  The Cat 3116 in my truck is touted for its lugging capability but anything over 2000 RPM's sure likes fuel.  I've found that I can run at 2300 without too much expense, and have to if I'm on an expressway.  It's slow but strong.  :)