iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New Laptop

Started by Magicman, October 22, 2014, 01:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We have an old laptop that is running XP and is quite cranky, so I decided to upgrade it.  I have thoughts of using the newer one and retiring mine to replacing the cranky one.

I wanted to retain Win 7 so I searched and found a source for refurbished laptops.  It's an HP6455B, which seems OK, but finding and loading the stuff that I normally use is a pain.

I'm just glad that my normal laptop is not broken (or maybe I would be better off if it was).   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Someone please remind me how to remove the "refresh" from the address bar so that I can move it over to the left.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Figured it out.  In "customize" I added the separator and then dragged the additional refresh and stop buttons into this newly created empty space on the left side.  The original refresh button is still on the right and inside of the address bar, so now I have two.

Now, I've gotta remove the tap from the touch pad.  This one does not have it shown with the mouse.   :-\

Magicman

QuoteNow, I've gotta remove the tap from the touch pad.
Done.   smiley_thumbsup

It takes me quite a while to wade through all of the options.  That plus the popups that want you to download "their" stuff.  Anyway, I finally feel like this laptop is mine now.   :)