iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey Everybody, Login.

Started by Chris Burchfield, July 25, 2010, 11:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

I keep mine set to stay logged in for when I'm reading on the Forum.  Sometimes by scheduled updates or wife turns the computer completely off, I have to log back in.  I check to see who's on the particular forum and a lot of times I see "number guest viewing" listed.  I think it would provide more accurate numbers for Admin.  Just a suggestion.  Chris Burchfield.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fishpharmer

Chris I agree, its convenient to stay logged in.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

The who is on line list only recognizes you if you have clicked on something in the previous 15 minutes. If you are gone longer then that, even though you are logged on, you drop from the list. As soon as you click on something and start a data flow again, you are added back to the list.   Many people think that if they don't "log off"  Their name stays on the list. That isn't the way it works. :)    If you take more then 15 minutes to make a post, your name will be gone until you hit the post button.

There are a lot of guests viewing, because we get a lot of guests. Tens of Thousands a month find us some how or another via search engines. Granted, some of those guests that appear are members that are not logged on, but the vast majority of them are either visiting, or what I would call a "regular guest"  Someone that reads the Forestry Forum regularly, but has never become an actual member.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kansas

I know I send a lot here that call the mill and are trying to figure out what they have for logs, wether its worth it to haul them in or not. Landowners and Farmers. I tell them the addy and find the tool box. I doubt many ever stick around, but really don't know. I assume it doesn't hurt the forum, I don't know if it helps it  or not.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on July 25, 2010, 12:21:09 PM
what I would call a "regular guest"  Someone that reads the Forestry Forum regularly, but has never become an actual member. 

What I did for several years.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!