iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MiracleWhip or Mayo?

Started by pabst79, April 17, 2015, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabst79

Just curious, which one you reach for 1st? :)

P.S it took me 9 years to convince my wife that just because there white, they are NOT the same thing! :D
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

beenthere

Neither one... maybe because they are both white and some slippery-like.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Depends!!

If I'm making Egg Salad sandwiches, I want Mayo.

If I'm making a sandwich using letuce or cucumbers, I want Miracle Whip.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Howdy

It doesn't matter which one I like, my wife always buys what she wants!
Mayo for me but if I looked I can guarantee you we have MiracleWipe in the fridge now.

pabst79

Quote from: Chuck White on April 17, 2015, 04:46:36 PM
Depends!!

If I'm making Egg Salad sandwiches, I want Mayo.

If I'm making a sandwich using letuce or cucumbers, I want Miracle Whip.

X2 IMO you can't get enough mayo on a fried egg samich!  digin_2

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Magicman

Here in the South, we use:  Blue Plate  It is a New Orleans product.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Grizzly

Miracle Whip everytime! Unless of course there is Hellman's available then that is ok.  ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kasba

Miracle whip for everything, but the wife likes mayo so we usually have miracle whip. lol
Timbery M285 25hp, Husqvarna 570 auto tune, Alaskan sawmill, Nova 1624 wood lathe, Dogo Argentino

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Debate all you want but DUKE'S Mayonnaise will top them all.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

I used to be a miracle whip fan but have switched to mayo over the last few years.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

customsawyer

Mayo. Not a big fan of Miracle Whip but will eat it if that is what is available.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

JIM GORMLEY

Mayo.
But, even that needs alot of pepper to kill the nastiness,lol
I live with fear and danger. On the weekends,I leave her and go wild boar hunting.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: JIM GORMLEY on April 18, 2015, 05:38:39 AM
Mayo.
But, even that needs alot of pepper to kill the nastiness,lol

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Miracle Whip is what was in our house since I was a little kid but we called it Mayonnaise. Mom use to use it to make Mayonnaise cakes, replacing the oil ingredient with Miracle Whip. It truly did become in my growing up household that a sandwich was not a sandwich without Miracle Whip. It is also one of the taste ingredients in the macaroni salad Tammy makes every year for the pig roast that everyone seems to like so much.  HOWEVER, Tammy grew up with Mayo. We have to have both here, and my kids actually lean to mayo. If I happen to get it on my sandwich, the first thing I think is, What is wrong with this Mayonnaise? :)

sawguy21

I grew up on Miracle Whip, like you we called it mayonnaise. We didn't know any different. We have it and Hellman's which I now prefer in the fridge, Karen uses both depending on what she is making and don't even attempt to get her to switch.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Miracle Whip vs. Mayonnaise

It's just sad that so many of the "unknowing" live so far from New Orleans.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pabst79

Blueplate eh? We like mayo on our mayo so I'm going to see if I can find some of that for sale online. musteat_1 food6 food6

Den Socling

I think I can eat either as long as the word "Lite" isn't on the label. Lite=yuck!

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

pabst79

Lite = Yuck for sure, and according to my Doc is worse for you, because usually people eat twice as much because its "lite" and they put all sorts of additives in "lite" stuff that makes it edible, they pull out the sugar and fat. What's left?? A bunch of words a NASA scientist would have a hard time pronouncing! REAL mayo, cookies and peanut butter for my family.   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!