iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problems

Started by Jeff, December 07, 2003, 07:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o :o :o  Don'T believe I'd allow Momma back up there till it's done.  Glad she ain't hurt bad.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

She's in good hands.  I talked to "The Man" awhile ago and he's proud as punch of her.  Seems there was a bet goin' on about the size of wings she was gonna need when she's transferred.   ;D

Kevin

That's some bad news followed by a lot of good news.
She's very lucky.

Jeff

there aint no such thing as ruining a thread when yer in need of saying sumpthin or knowin sumpthin. In this case Im glad you had a place to say sumpthin, and were all glad to know that Mom is doing O.K.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

That was BAD but it could have been a whole bunch worse.  Glad to hear she's gonna be fine.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Mark M

That's too DanG close :o Glad she is OK.

Gus you could take a bicycle tire pump. ;) I used to help my friend trap beaver when I was a kid. I didn't like those lice and bugs that were on them. Do all beavers have them or is it a regional thing?

chet

That is a very bad fall, your Mom is a lucky lady. Hope she is up and about shortly.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Stephen_Wiley

CK,

Glad to hear that your moms injury's were not what they could have been. :o

Your bridge design reminds me of a couple log homes I have been in and one house that I helped build. Always have liked that open feel it creates.   :)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Stephen_Wiley

Gus,

I think that is called  "Beaver Basketball"  they are playing down the road from us about an hours drive.

(OSU Beavers)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Norm

Boy CK I'm glad to hear your Mom is Ok. When I started reading I thought the worst but sure glad to hear she's not hurt bad.  :)

etat

I want to thank everybody for the kind words.  Mother said to thank yall too cause I told her what yall said.  When she fell my heart bout stopped, but my body kept movin.  I guess one good thing is hard headed kinda runs in the family. Right now she's gone to town!  Said she had to get out and work out some of that soreness!  Recon I'm gonna strive to be just as durn stubborn as she is when I get that old.  If I make it that is.  I got up this morning and fixed that hole.  I didn't get the bridge built. But I did drag some 6/6 timbers up there and floor it with plywood temperary.  Saw a picture of a bridge over on the timber framin forum, a rough picture of an arched bridge.  That's what I'm going to build when I have time. Havn't yet figgured out what I'm gonna use for the arches though.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

C'mon now, SURELY ya got some "arched" logs you can use ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

etat

I wish I did!  One thing I did do one time.  I was, oh about 9 or 10, I'd heard about a tree somewhere growed in a knot.  Hadn't ever seen one so I decided to grow me one.  Went out in the woods, found me a little tree, and tied it in a knot.  Harder to do than you'd think.  Only grew about three years before it died.  I guess it choked itself to death.  If I had enough time I'd pull me a couple in a arch and let em grow awhile!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Gus

Kripes ck, musta been a good ticker test for all youse. Glad to here she's workin' out the kinks already. Sounds like a real pistol, that one.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Percy

I been dropdead busy for the last few weeks and chek in only occasionally but I gotta tell ya, this thread is aproppriatly named ;D. Irate posters,Mamas fallin ten feet(no disrespect intended,glad to hear she's doin good), and skinnin critters with compressed air :D :D.
Just a suggestion but maybe this thread could be stuck at the top so when ever someone has a 'Problem" we could post it here.....its been a great read so far ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

etat

Yeah, she's pretty tough.  Told her one time when they got this cloning down pat I was gonna have myself cloned so they would be two of me.  Like to took my DanG head off.  Said she was SO happy I wasn't twins.

Florida, ya have had me looking at crooked trees all day.  Near bouts got my neck kinked from twistin around and looking while drivin down the road.  Wife's been yellin at me all day, "Watch where you're goin".  If ya did have a crooked tree, how in the world would you shape it out so you had a pair of them that matched.  Or, is there a easier idea?

Don P

Glad your Mom is OK CK. My wife's Mom tried the same thing this summer but only about a third as far, she's 80. I have been making decks, slowly stepping down to the drive so that when need be I can make small ramps to get her into the house. Anyway, she comes out to do the ooh ahh and walks right off the end, hits the rider and got generally banged. We begged her to let us take her to the ER, you can tell Dutch but you can't tell 'em much :D, she was up and around a coupla days later.

Have any of you tried the garden hose skinner? Same way, small slit insert and inflate...the first water balloon coon?
I tried it on a deer but it didn't seem any easier than just takin its coat off :-/.
Ya'll do know what a coon a** air compressor is?

Fla._Deadheader

Down here, they knock the hide off of the squeezin fruit, with water. Small nozzles penetrate the hide and squirt water underneath it. Falls right off without bruisin the fruit ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Duane_Moore

??? dare I say, case out a coyote, skin a beaver, then  stretch and scrape,   this should get me called  dumb,, Duane ;D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Kevin

I take my coyote hides off with a come a long.
Rough skin beaver and flesh them on a round beam.

etat

Ed_K

Well it's two days till Christmas, and the ol 83 dodge decided to die  :'(. Guess thats just the way it go'es. Its may end up as parts for the prosesor  :-/.
 Ed
Ed K

etat

Ed, sure hate to hear about the dodge.  Musta led a hard life dying at such a tender age.  Hope ya give it a decent sendoffl! ;D

Ed_K

Well if that weren't bad enough, the 1 ton dodge gave up low gear in drive today  :'(. To make it go I have to shift to 1st then 2nd, then drive  >:(. Wonder how long that will last till it quits all together.
 Ed
Ed K

DanG

Ed, it's not too late to send a letter to Santa asking for a new truck. You'll have ta send it Fed-Ex Next Day Air, though. Fortunately, Jeff-B is picking up all the Fed-Ex tabs with his credit card. Just another example of the man's unending generosity to ForestryForum members. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!