Video of firewood processsor

Started by johncinquo, December 05, 2006, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncinquo

To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Chris Burchfield

I'd hate to be the one loading the truck or tackin the cords.  :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

sawdust

Any idea what the palax 100 is worth?

sawdust.
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

jgoodhart

Engineer

The only thing I don't understand is the trommel screen on the big unit.  Why not just load straight into a truck?

EdK

Quote from: Engineer on December 06, 2006, 07:09:05 AM
The only thing I don't understand is the trommel screen on the big unit.  Why not just load straight into a truck?

Just to keep the customer free of a bunch of chips, splinters and bark?

beenthere

And get rid of loose bark and dirt (although the demo logs appeared VERY clean and straight, but that is understandable :) ).  Makes sense if hauling to market or a palletizing/wrapping location.  But looks like it would add a fair amount of money in the system.

I am bringing in a lot of dirt on the firewood this season, as it was a bit muddy two years ago when bucking and splitting and stacking. Would be nicer to have it clean.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

There's a LOT of trash produced during processing.  It doesn't take long for a considerable pile of slivers, chips, bark, dirt and sawdust to build up around a processor.  The big processor was in the 30,000+ range a year ago
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

slowzuki

Different brand but the little suckers are about 14,000$ Cdn so 12,000 USD.  About a cord and hour with one guy, two guys about 2 cord an hour.  More if you had a log deck.

I think we can out split the processor with our splitter and two guys but not the sawing and truck loading too.

sawguy21

Very impressive. The wood seemed to have split quite easily. I have found a lot more power is required to do a multiple split of spruce,we replaced a 5 hp engine with an 8, cranked down the relief valve and bent a 4" ram trying to quarter..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SPIKER

I couldn't redily ID that spec of wood?   Looks like possably some sort of popular or maybe something else?

Looked to be pretty soft wood to me.  maybe just one heck of a powerfull puppy. :D

Mark m
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Wonder what that baby would do with an 18" length of pecan with a
few knots in it, or maybe some Live Oak?

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!