iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maryland to KY for Bourbon Trail

Started by TSAW, July 03, 2023, 05:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSAW

Looking to do a trip with a few guys I work with from Maryland to Kentucky Bourbon Trail in November. We are planing to rent an RV or tow a Camper.  Looking for recommendations for cool places to stop along the way.  Also, must see places in KY even if not on the Bourbon Trail.  Total trip time is a Monday through Friday with both of those days being mostly traveling.  Also if we do a drivable RV is there parking and such in downtown Louisville or would we need to Uber?   Anyone with RV travel experience, is there a good way to get around with an RV, or would a towable camper be better so we don't have to hook and unhook every day?  (Never been RV'n Before). Thanks all

aigheadish

I've heard the Bourbon Trail is pretty cool, but I haven't been so I don't have any good advice, other than save a few bucks because at some of the distilleries I've heard it's easier to buy some of the more difficult to find brands. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

NE Woodburner

I was passing through TN and KY last fall so hit a couple of distilleries on the bourbon trail. It was fun, and I like bourbon, but not sure I would be interested in only distillery tours for days on end. I think mixing in seeing other sites and end the day with a distillery tour would be ideal.

I thought Churchill Downs was worth stopping when we were in Louisville. They have a small museum that was nice. Probably don't need more than an hour or two there.

We were in a car, so can't help on the RV questions.

Wish I could be more help. Have fun.

burdman_22

I currently live in maryland and I'm from southeastern ky, I've made the drive several times this year. If you go to Buffalo trace you can buy allocation bourbon. They have a different one each day, either blantons, eh Taylor, eagle rare, or wellers. They open at 9 during the week. If you show up just before opening, it will take you about 1.5 hours to get through the line, but you should be able to get the allocation for the day. Only one per person, and you can only buy one of each every three months.

shaneyho

Quote from: TSAW on July 03, 2023, 05:42:53 PM
Looking to do a trip with a few guys I work with from Maryland to Kentucky Bourbon Trail in November. We are planing to rent an RV or tow a Camper.  Looking for recommendations for cool places to stop along the way.  Also, must see places in KY even if not on the Bourbon Trail.  Total trip time is a Monday through Friday with both of those days being mostly traveling.  Also if we do a drivable RV is there parking and such in downtown Louisville or would we need to Uber?   Anyone with RV travel experience, is there a good way to get around with an RV, or would a towable camper be better so we don't have to hook and unhook every day?  (Never been RV'n Before). Thanks all
Did you finish the trip? How was the experience? 

Thank You Sponsors!