iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing 1600

Started by hamptonlawyer, August 01, 2012, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Family Farm

Awesome pics. Thats a nice shed to boot. In the colder months, a simple tarp or canvas covering on the one end will stave off some of the chill. Again, well done!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

rockman

Hamptonlawyer, That is an awsome find, I am envious. I really want one of those mills, but I have to be patient. Anyway, congratulations on your new mill.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

WDH

That is the first time that I have heard of a shed coming with the mill!  Good score!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 07, 2012, 08:14:30 PM
That is the first time that I have heard of a shed coming with the mill!  Good score!

Really? Part #tk39711173597shd
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Solomon

I almost bought a TK  1600 , but I chose a larger hydro mill from Logmaster.   I have their LM4.  I don't see any mention of Logmaster in any forums  I don't think    a lot folks know of them or own one.  I've had mine going on five years and have no complaints.
Lots of power and tork, 30 inch band wheels,  30 inches between the guide bearings.  24 ft cut length,  photo electric set works,   two rolling toe boards.  Blades are  229 inches   , inch and a half x 7/8   .055.   51hp Perkins diesel.   I've cut a lot of white oak, pecan and hickory.  It handles it no problems as long as I keep my feed speed moderate to slow.  I have expieranced (mostly with red oak)  Kants that bow upward and pinch the blade in the middle of the unfinished cut  and spun the clutch.  Didn't seem to hurt it as I caught quickly and I know to watch for it now.
Still running the original clutch.    Pete Chesapeake ,Virginia.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

beenthere

Solomon
Welcome to the forum.
Maybe start a thread on your Logmaster and show some pics. We like pics, and a video if that could be possible.
You are right, we don't hear much about the Logmaster mill.
But a search on Logmaster will bring up previous threads where they are discussed.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Migal

:) Welcome to the Forum I was thinking I might have mentioned one in a past thread  8) The hardest part I have with mine is handling what it can produce not the log :D

Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!