iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Can't tag some members in a post?

Started by John Mc, February 25, 2024, 12:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

I've noticed that I am unable to tage some members in a post.

For example, I was trying to tag Old Greenhorn. When I type in "@Old" a few suggested member names pop up, but they are alphabetical, but only the first 10 users show up. Old Greenhorn is not on the list. As soon as I type the space in his username, the tagging function shuts down. If I type the rest of his username, I just get plain text, with no tagging.

I know you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. This one is not really a priority, but I thought I'd mention it while I was thinking of it.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

rusticretreater

Confirmed.  I'm sure it has something to do with the space in the name.  The code loads the names, but apparently only considers the next ten names.  Since there are more than 10 users with old[space] in their names, the software goes no further.  Maybe a configuration thing, maybe a modification to the parsing code is needed.  Maybe Jeff dealt with this earlier.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Old Greenhorn

John, your tag actually did work just fine. It's one of those faith based things. If you type the username correctly, it will work, it just doesn't give you any feedback. I did get and alert when you made that post but wanted to wait until this morning to respond. SO the answer is, ignore those prompts and just type the username correctly and fully and it will work. Go back to that post and hover over the tag and you will see it light up or whatever.
 I'll reply to that post when I finish my second cup of coffee. :) @John Mc
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

As you know now @John Mc it works.
But no way to know until you post it, and then it's clickable and will be underlined if you hover over it with the mouse.
Your user name did the same thing. Not enough room for them all.
Must be the space. My user name works fine as I type. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

John Mc

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Magicman

This subject prompted me to post my concerns about the @ notifier a couple of weeks ago.  In the old forum the function was sorta underlined giving the verification that it notified.  That underline is no longer there, but if you use the "Preview", you will see brackets and know that the notifier worked.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

No brackets when I preview. It's underlined on this desk top.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Let me test again @thecfarm.

OK now the brackets are gone so there is no indication to me that you were notified.  I am on a laptop.   I see that after I post, there is an indication.  ffsmiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Lynn, if you look at the post after it is posted and hold your cursot over the @ notification, you will clearly see it did work just fine.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Which is what I just said.  No indication until after the reply is posted.

WELumberjack

I'm new at trying to tag people; but I did notice that one shouldn't use parentheses before and after the "at" symbol as I tried in one of my recent posts, or the tagging feature doesn't work. Typing "@" and the full username exactly as it appears without or with spaces should work. I looked in the "help" link at the bottom of the page and didn't find anything else. I also looked at the Tiny Portal and Simple Machines links and searching for "tagging" doesn't bring up anything recent, but I'm not that computer savvy.
1993 WM LT30 HD, 20' Load Trail Deck-over trailer, Stihl MS250, 390, 661, 60" LogRite Cant Hook
- Anything can be firewood, but the beauty in a log remains to be discovered...
- Trying to live up to the name of my HS mascot! Wausau East Lumberjacks