iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

I'm 5'11" and 200 pounds.  That site says I should be 157.9  :D (27% overweight) and my BMI is 27.9.   I've been down to 190 and feel great there, my ultimate goal is 185 and that site says I'd still be 17% overweight.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

doc henderson

If I ever weigh my IDBW, I would be worried.   :)  at least BMI gives a range.  this is why this is hard.  if you are feeling lean and mean, that is important.  hard to know muscle mass and frame size.  i will never weigh 145 unless God forbid i get cancer or something.  go for a weight that feels good.  more if you have health issues.  i last felt good at 160 a few years back (prep to hike in the mountains at Philmont scout ranch at age 56).
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

looks like just under 180 would get you to below the upper limit of BMI.  remember, IBW is what doctors think/studies show would be healthy in terms of blood pressure ect.  If you are a hard worker, then you may have a higher muscle mass.  thin Asian folks do not get heart disease like we do, but die from cancer.  till they move here and adapt to our diet!  no one lives forever.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

Quote from: doc henderson on May 18, 2020, 07:02:17 PM
If I ever weigh my IDBW, I would be worried.   :)  at least BMI gives a range.  this is why this is hard.  if you are feeling lean and mean, that is important.  hard to know muscle mass and frame size.  i will never weigh 145 unless God forbid i get cancer or something.  go for a weight that feels good.  more if you have health issues.  i last felt good at 160 a few years back (prep to hike in the mountains at Philmont scout ranch at age 56).
Absolutely! Makes a difference if your moving some iron or good physical workout and have some muscle mass. 

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: doc henderson on May 18, 2020, 07:06:01 PMhealthy in terms of blood pressure ect.

Just gave Platelets this morning and I get my mini-physical.  My BP is 100/64, pulse 64 - so I'm in "good" shape.  I've been working 7 days a week doing manual labor for the past 3 or 4 weeks.  If I get stressed in traffic going to donate, my BP might be 120/72.  I've had my pulse as low as 50 but I made them take it again as that is the cutoff for donating.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

277- 30 lbs lost
271- we have a 1971 mustang!
269- A new decade the 60s!
267- 40 lbs lost!
261.4- Stanwelch day! :D
261 I was born in 61
259 HAPPY DAYS DECADE!
257 50 lbs lost!
249 A new decade! Now in an era that @doc henderson will not see unless he goes the wrong way!
247 60 lbs lost!
246  Mr. Truck is a 1946 dodge
239  Another new decade! I'll get to experience the 30s in 2020!
237 70 lbs lost
234 its a nice orderly number to shoot for.
229  This is the decade! This is close to the goal

229.8 lbs this morning. I honestly can't remember the last time I was in the 220s. 30 years ago maybe.

doc henderson

well we had cod in the air fryer last pm, so hopefully we will trend in the lower direction soon.  I was 178 yesterday, but back up a little today.  Jeff you are the weight loss poster child!   8) 

Jeff

doc henderson

I thought it was great.  my wife had trouble with the air fryer and keeping the breading on.  fresh cod (from the store) soaked in buttermilk, and breaded.  she baked a potato for her and a sweet potato for me.  She felt like the cod had no flavor, but I think she meant the breading had fallen off in places.  when we met, she really was not a seafood fan.  so I had a slightly bigger piece, and I got the 2nd half of her piece.  She is getting acquainted with the Noom app, and likes that.  early in the day she was worried she would run out of calories and be hungry.  but that did not happen.  This morning she is down 2 pound and I am up,  it is a conspiracy! 8).  she has done basic stuff in the air fryer.  still getting up the learning curve.  I think turning the cod, knocked off some of the breading.  thanks for your help Jeff

Jeff

Cod is more difficult to cook than thinner fillets. Be sure to preheat the air fryer. This will help get the outside done quickly and secure your coating. Don't try to turn to early.  For my fish I pat dry first. Important. Then season. (Lawreys season salt here of late) Then dredge in flour. Then dredge in a beaten egg with a touch of milk, then lay it in your planko bread crumbs, coating one side, pick it up and lay it down again coating the other side, then place on your fryer racks. Give then a spritz of pam cooking spray,  6 minutes on one side, 6 on the other. For cod, you may want to increase the time before you turn it, then watch it.  I have the perch fillets down to a science!

doc henderson

Thanks!  my wife will pick up some of the stuffed mushrooms when in Wichita.  but she is not a big mushroom fan either.  I will eat her share if needed.

Jeff

You guys will find some things you like. Be crazy! :D

Jeff

This morning. 227.6 lbs.   80lbs removed!  Picked up a pair of 36 waist jeans last week and tried them on Friday to see if I was getting close. They fit perfectly.  So, down from 46 waist to 36. I've not been a 36 for 40 years.  I'm only 7.6 lbs from my original goal of 220, but I've changed that to no specific number. It will be what it will be, but it will diffidently be below 220.

I feel good because of the weight but have been doing some things over the last several months to reduce my stress, which included walking away from things like hosting websites that require high levels of security and email needs (beyond this one). Having to be responsible for so many critical things for others 24/7/365 for years with no ability to have someone relieve my mind for even a day, I firmly believe that stress was killing me.  Staying busy with physical activities where my mind can be free has been life saving.

doc henderson

Well my wife has been doing the Noom thing.  she has lost about 5 pounds in a week.  I am consistently under 180 now, as it helps we are both working on not overeating.  we even went to a crawfish boil on Saturday and she kept track of stuff so no setback due to a party.  I have been doing a ton outside and staying more active than normal.  Georgia just weighed and has lost 6.6 pounds in a week.  not Hungary, feeling good and thinking about food in a new way.  hardest thing is figuring out what to do with an extra 70 calories at the end of the day.  she likes the jolly rancher firestix as a reward.  I am at 177.  thanks Jeff for helping us get started.

Sedgehammer

Necessity is the engine of drive

Jeff

Ya know what I do with my extra calories? Add them to the weight loss. :)  unless I'm hungry, and that's not really an issue.  She should be happy with that much in a week for sure!

doc henderson

she says she figured out she was eating 3 times the calories without even thinking about it.  she is a runner so maintained her wt.  running is easier.  I have 17 to go and she has about 8.  we will also see how we feel at those wts and adjust/continue to eat smart and see what happens.

thecfarm

Yes, Jeff take care of yourself. As I say, If you don't, no one else will.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The Friday report.

This morning I am at 224.1 lbs  less than 5 lbs from my original goal of 220.

When I started this I was serious  and determined, but honestly in my mind had doubts. No more doubts. I'm very comfortable and happy with the new eating style we have. I'm more active than I have been for many years.

Yesterday evening Tammy said the last time I looked like this was when we got married, 40 years ago. I am actually in a mode where I'm contemplating when and how to stop loosing.  I really eat all I want now. Cooking has become a favorite thing, and sharing or helping others to find the way I found is fulfilling. I'm trying not to be the guy that preaches you need to do this or stop doing that, but try to be ready and eager to help others with what I've learned if they ask. And I am. :)

Onward to 222!

WDH

I weighted 223 this morning.  I am going to have to get packing to stay ahead of you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

223 is a very sleek and lethal round in ballistics!  thanks for joining us @WDH.  I am hovering around 180 today as I am on a 5 day work stint.  always harder but trying to eat the same at work.  My wife was up 0.4 yesterday, but down less today.  great success to all, and anyone in the background feel free to jump in, or just follow if you want.  @Jeff  had inspired us and we are having success.  I started at 190 and have certainly kept the 10 pounds off.  Hydration and BMs can cause some day to day fluctuations.  I always weigh first thing in the morning after an empty bladder!  My wife's sister started noom yesterday.

ejmac

Gentlemen! This will be my first post, as I feel it is the only topic on the forum that (for now) I have some expertise in. I played hockey growing up, juniors after high school and a year of college hockey as well before injuries forced 'retirement'. After I concluded my final season, I put on about 20 pounds a month, until I hit almost 300 which at 22 years old and 6' tall is not a flattering look. Over the past 13 months I have lost 134 pounds and currently sit at 162 pounds, back at fighting weight. I can say from years of experience in the gym and working with different diets that it truly is pretty simple. My biggest tip to you all; completely cut processed sugars if possible, natural sugars only. Aside from that, most diets have some pretty serious kickback if/when you go off of them, causing weight to come back terrifyingly fast. On that note, I recommend normal diet, but counting calories to make sure your output is higher than your intake, and drink 1-2 gallons of water a day! No need for anything crazy, just an active lifestyle with a healthy amount of calories, no matter where you get them!

Also a quick side note, I use Whoop for my food/calorie tracking. A small monthly fee gets you a watch that tracks not only exercise and calories, but also monitors resting heart rate and sleep patterns, and can monitor any health issues you may have. No pun intended, but just some food for thought haha!

doc henderson

randy d

I have been hovering from 171 to 169 I am happy with that. Randy

Thank You Sponsors!