iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a little advice and some help needed please

Started by SFires, July 06, 2013, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFires

Hello everybody. I'm still pretty new to the forum and kinda new to wood working well atlest anything more then your basic framing skills. But i was wondering if someone could answer a couple questions for me. First off how's the best was to remove the bark from ERC without hurting the log?? And secondly. How in the world do you put a pic in a post??  I've got them to load up to my gallery but guess I'm not smart enough to get any farther then that. Oo I knew I should of took computer class in school.
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

beenthere

Pics from you gallery to your post.

When in your post, click the blue highlighted line below... "Click here to add Photos...."
That will bring up a window that has a menu across the top. If new pic to upload, select your album, and then browse for the pic you want.
          If the pic is already in your gallery, then click on "my gallery" in that menu.  Fine the pic you want out of your gallery, and click on it. The full size version will pop up.

Then SCROLL down below that pic a fair way until you see the instructions how to either copy the URL or simply click on the blue highlighted window that says "Insert Image in Post".

Then, to check that it works, click on the Preview button before posting. Good luck...  Nice chair, by the way.  ;D   I'll let you post it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SFires

A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

SFires

Wahoo I did it. Lol. Me and my youngest daughter made this the other day when we was playing around In the shop. Took about ten mins for us to throw it together. It doesn't have any type of finish on it cause well basically i don't know anything about that kinda stuff   ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is too COOL!

Not the chair but you getting pics up that fast.  :D :D :D :D :D
Took me 2 weeks.

Seriously, you and your Daughter deserve a  smiley_clapping.
The chair is very nice but the time spent with your daughter is priceless!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Lud

iWell done!!  Look up the word DADO! It will make your joints stronger and last longer!  Also Titebond III!

There's nails........There's nails and glue, ............There's screws and glue............and there's nails and screws and glue and lots of clamps!   It's all a matter of degree! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

thecfarm

With the cedar that I have I could, and was, starting on one end and just get under the bark and I could peel the log in long strips. I would only get under the bark a little and off it would come. I could do it with my just my hands after I got one so called corner,for no better word,started. The knots are the hard part too.But it is July now. I was doing that in June. The bark might be starting to stick now. I was really just doing it,to see if I could do it. I would cut the tree down,than drive up to it,buck it length and put a chain around it and carry it to my sawmill with the loader. If you wanted to protect the log a strap would have to be used. Still have chain marks on it. Maybe a power washer with a certain tip would remove the bark???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Nice work SFires, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!