iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More doors

Started by Texas Ranger, June 04, 2007, 12:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

6 doors to be, after the first 160 or so passes through the planner.  One pass to go.. The wood is either mahogany, or "sipo", some boards of equal size are twice the weight of others, and rough milling at best.

A continuing post as they develop.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Surely there could not be a day in East Texas where it didn't rain ??? ::).

What kind of doors are you building?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

I am beginning to think that we need to pay heed to the cultural habits of our southern neighbors, and have a siesta after lunch, when our daily half inch of rains shows up.

Building 6 doors for stained glass inserts, 2 will be 2-0 by 6-8, 2 will be 2-0 by 8-0, and 2 will be standard 3-0 by 6-8.  One set for a house on the lake, one for a house in Austin, and the other, I don't know, just got the request.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

I came into Houston this afternoon.  Nice and sunny.  Drove to Livingston.  Just as I got to Livingston, a frog-strangler erupted ::).  This is a DanG wet place :).  At least the trees are happy ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Expecting some thunderstorms with this tropical storm that has moved in. We could use some rain as well. My newly planted trees will enjoy it. Planted them in May, but we only had a couple days rain since.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Texas Ranger on June 04, 2007, 12:22:21 PM
. . . . some boards of equal size are twice the weight of others . . . .

Tex, them's the ones you left outside in our "dry", Texas weather. ;D

I thought our first day of dry had finally started yesterday. On the radar was clear sailing 'cept for a few small intense rain cells. One of them decided to stray of course, right over Fannin County, and dump enough water to float Noah in about 15 minutes. i could not believe it. My log yard had almost dried up in a day and a half because we have had some great wind on top of my little hill (as usual) but then come da gulley-washer.

Least we have dry days forecast all week and into the weekend.  I might be comin south of Tyler in a week or two. If you bribe me just right I won't come on down to Livingston and do a rain dance. ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!