Auction to support our forum. "Case-Ruger Redhawk Alaskan hunting knife"

Started by beenthere, February 19, 2007, 12:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

How's dis  ::) :)

This is a real prize for anyone serious about collecting knives. It's a beauty with Buffalo horn handle. 

Case-Ruger Redhawk Alaskan hunting knife on eBay for the Forestry Forum.

Check it out.

I left a great Case hunting knife, and the best one I ever owned, at about 11,000 feet in the Flat-tops Wilderness in CO, and it wasn't on the log where I thought I left it when I hiked back up there a year later. Now's my chance to get another.  :)  ....maybe ::)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

That'll work udder den one small thing,

The TEXICAN! :D

Thanks for donating the knife tcsmpsi!  Shes a bute!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I was just lookin. My spellin and grammar have a bit to be desired in those last two auction listings. :D

I'm blaming it on the reading of real diary of a real boy!   ;D

tcsmpsi

Well Jeff, I don't know much 'bout no spellin', but my grammar always told that if I 'spected to eat greans and turnips as much as I did, I best be gettin' the hoe to the garden.

Those knives were an exclusive production for only one distributor.  Each of the sales associates (they have about a hundred) were only allocated their fair share, and then each of them had to 'pick' which of their dealers were to get any of the knives. 
My sales associate of many years with that distributor has well over 100 dealers of her own.  I feel pretty fortunate to have been able to get 3 of the knives.  One, customer made an offer on I couldn't refuse.  One is MINE.   ;D
And the other one, is HERE.   
I couldn't think of a better application for it. ;)

Oh, and one other little tidbit beenthere and Jeff that might be a bit handy...

or is that actually two tidbits? 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

tcsmpsi

Well, that there "oliron" ain't gettin' nuthin' over on the "deernut", huh?? :D

Some years ago, I traded into a pretty good little load of 'odd and end' chunks of exotic wood.  Jeff got a little piece off one for one of the ceiling tiles.

There are actually 3 different pcs/types of wood in the picture with the knife/sheath/box.  Anybody got any idea what those might be?  Most of what I got was marked, and though I might have a little smidgen of a thought what those pictured might be...well, they ain't pine.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

I'm thinkin there is a $$ amount, that above it the names shift to #'s.

Gotta watch dat naughtyboy over the next couple days  :)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Beethere, Burlkraft tells me you been out digging up the yard for a jar of money or sumpthin? Is that true?

beenthere

That be true. Looks like a gopher was out der, and reminded me of the pics I saw of the 2004 Piggy Roast........ ;D
Honey wagon due tomorrow or next day.  Hope all is well down in dat jar der.  :)
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

I just cancelled a couple bidders on this that I will bet aint Forum members. The reason I did was because the one wowknives, had total feedback of -1 !  I never saw a negative feedback before!  The other because he had zero and probably was not a forum member. If you are, then let me know and I'll take the block bidder off of your name.

So, deernut is back in the lead for now. :)