iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Hogging them off. Trying to make logs but she's rough wood.

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

nativewolf

FWJ- that is rough.  Mill had to know that before they sent you there.
Liking Walnut

mike_belben

I see buncher and slasher sawlogs on the trailers headed out all the time like that.   2 feet deep doady hole.  No trimming, just send it.  No time to trim. 
Praise The Lord

Firewoodjoe

Oh I'm sure they new it would be rough but they always hope to not see so many holes lol

ehp

veneer, its all veneer  ;D, I'm kind of lucky here as we donot see much rot . Besides black oak I can go days without getting rot, It maybe lumpy on the outside but normally sound

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

newoodguy78

I dare say the pucker factor is right off the charts the first time going across those hills  :D

Southside

Funny thing is the video dosen't show how steep it really is.  Standing there is awe inspiring.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

ehp

I can tell you its wet out and water and sand do not make for nice logs to cut up , my landing saw is going threw a chain about every 3 days right now , another thing , if your not good at filing you will be pretty fast cause your going to be filing alot  ;D

quilbilly

Quote from: ehp on October 27, 2021, 09:56:00 PM
I can tell you its wet out and water and sand do not make for nice logs to cut up , my landing saw is going threw a chain about every 3 days right now , another thing , if your not good at filing you will be pretty fast cause your going to be filing alot  ;D
I think all told we will end up with about 6 inches of rain this week. Coast might get 6 over the next two days. We are having to tow our log trucks up the road in our skidder.
a man is strongest on his knees

Crusarius

barbender

Steep is hard to capture in photo or video🤷‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

We received 2" of rain Monday night and I was out Tuesday morning drilling seed with dry tires. It's been very dry here. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wisconsitom

All this rain talk, it's just plain odd how dry we are here.  Another system coming through today with tiny rain amounts.  Just can't get anything decent.  Now as soon as this gets past us to the east, it will ramp up into a good rain producer again.  All we get for last two months...and summer was hot and dry.

All my young trees have had a good growing year nonetheless.  I do sometimes wonder what they're living on.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

teakwood

Had a few slow days between lumber and paneling orders and decided to make a new sideboard for the tv, the door handles are still pending.

It's not teak, it's laurel, a native species here, looks like american walnut, pretty dark and nice grain, the fotos don't do it justice

that's our family logo which i'm using in my company now, my grandfather started using it in 1950 when he founded his construction company, the W comes from our last name and the line above the W is a pointy conical weight on a sting which were used in the past in construction so you can transfer a point/line from an above level (i don't know the real name in english and google couldn't help me nether)

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

wisconsitom

Ask me about hybrid larch!

Resonator

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

barbender

Teakwood, does the W in your last name sound like V in English? You do fine work, by the way!👍🏻👍🏻

mike_belben

yeah, its teakvood in my head.   :D  jk

now you need a wife and kids to slob the whole pristine place up for you until you get rid of them 18 to 30ish years later!  ;D
Praise The Lord

trimguy

mudfarmer

Wetttt here too but no sand. My chippewas are caulked but only because the sole had to be screwed back together  :D have been working on some more road so we can get some @!$& wood out without tearing everything all to crap but it is slow going with the dump truck in pieces. Also working with the horses so maybe some day they could bunch some out to hard ground instead of just standing around  ??? They sure are great in the woods just not so great in the harness yet. Another day another -$1 best get back at it. Cherry price bumped up a little at the yard for mid grades.

barbender

Haha Mike I thought of that too😂 But our Alemannic speaking friend might say it that way, anyhow😊

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!