iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help finding a logging grapple for excavator.

Started by reprod, December 10, 2016, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reprod

I have a little excavator, a JD 75C.  I have it set up for quick change between a digger (with buckets) and a tree harvester.  I use a wedge style coupler for the change over.  I'd like to get a logging grapple that I could use as well.  I'd like it to be similar to a forwarder grapple.  I'd like it to rotate and swivel, not be rigid.
Anybody have an idea where I could find something like that?  New or used is fine.  Just not having any luck finding what I'm looking for.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 
Steve

BargeMonkey

The logging equipment for sale pages on FB are loaded with grapples and attachments, im on the east coast but I doubt it takes you long to find something out there. I see 4042 rotobec's all day long for 1200-2000. Superior salvage in MI, Lakeshore, Delichs, I'm sure if you called any one of them they have a used "forwarder" style bucket for sale.

barbender

Look up Ponsse out there, I think they are located in Colville? They can get you a grapple and rotator, you'd have to fab something to attach the rotator to your boom. If you can't find them, PM me and I'll get you a contact #.
Too many irons in the fire

DDW_OR

i am at I-5 exit 80.
Have a Bobcat E80 = 18,000 pound, i am looking for a processor head.

Update 7/23/2018 : i got a arbro 400 made by Hakmet
"let the machines do the work"

reprod

Thanks guys,
I'll give them each a shout. 
Bargemonkey, thanks for the lead on this outfit.  They are parting out a couple machines that I need parts for.
Barbender, I got the number for the Ponsse dealer in Rhineland.   

Ludlowlad

Quote from: reprod on December 10, 2016, 09:56:13 PM
I have a little excavator, a JD 75C.  I have it set up for quick change between a digger (with buckets) and a tree harvester.  I use a wedge style coupler for the change over.  I'd like to get a logging grapple that I could use as well.  I'd like it to be similar to a forwarder grapple.  I'd like it to rotate and swivel, not be rigid.
Anybody have an idea where I could find something like that?  New or used is fine.  Just not having any luck finding what I'm looking for.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  
Steve

What are you running for a harvesting head? 
Blue skies ahead

tacks Y

Looking at new also? Gator grapple in Can sells all sizes.

DDW_OR

also got a rotator grapple
https://grapplepros.com/collections/excavator-attachments/products/34-brush-grapple-for-excavator

can be used on the Bobcat 331 and the E80

have to modify the 331 to have 2 sets of hydraulic quick connects.
manual 3-way valve set for the bucket cylinder to be used for the rotator

"let the machines do the work"

luap

Quote from: BargeMonkey on December 10, 2016, 11:43:44 PM
The logging equipment for sale pages on FB are loaded with grapples and attachments, im on the east coast but I doubt it takes you long to find something out there. I see 4042 rotobec's all day long for 1200-2000. Superior salvage in MI, Lakeshore, Delichs, I'm sure if you called any one of them they have a used "forwarder" style bucket for sale.
I realize this is outdated thread but both Delich and Lake shore lots are bare and a for sale sign on Delichh's property. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: luap on March 20, 2020, 01:25:06 PM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on December 10, 2016, 11:43:44 PM
I realize this is outdated thread but both Delich and Lake shore lots are bare and a for sale sign on Delichh's property.
Delich got bought up by Pat's? Is the story I got. Don @ Lakeshore had his auction a little while ago, he was good to deal with, where my Timbco came from. 

chevytaHOE5674

Pat's heavy equipment bought out Delich. He doesn't have the parts, pieces, or experience that Delich had though. Lakeshore had their auction and retired. Their inventory of parts and vast knowledge of all type of equipment are scattered around the midwest now.

Thank You Sponsors!