iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A new chapter for me in the U.P.

Started by Jeff, October 28, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Quote from: teakwood on February 21, 2021, 08:44:54 AM
what does U.P. stand for?
That's pronounced You Pee, the natives are called yoopers to distinguish them from the genetically similar but culturally different trolls that inhabit the rest of the state.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on February 21, 2021, 10:29:16 AM
Escanaba In Da Moonlight [Full Movie] (2001, PG-13, Comedy/Fantasy) - YouTube

I can relate to da huntin
OK, I saw this and previewed it before I watched the whole thing while staining a bench I am building. It was a um, a very 'interesting' piece of cultural and sociological study of the unique persona that is prevalent in  the U.P. in so far as I can tell, not being intimately familiar with the area except in a general sense. It was interesting to note parallels between that demographic and others I have more personal experience with. The introduction of extraterrestrials I found somewhat unique though. AN interesting watch. I give it two thumbs.
 (It is weird though.)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

All you really need to come away with, starts where Rueben shoots near da end. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GAB

OG:
You give it two thumbs, but you don't say up, down, or sideways.
The suspense is getting to me.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: GAB on February 21, 2021, 07:27:51 PM
OG:
You give it two thumbs, but you don't say up, down, or sideways.
The suspense is getting to me.
GAB
Well GAB, I was 'conflicted' and I really hoped nobody would ask me that. ;D
 Its the kind of 'piece' where one must find themselves in a receptive and open mood for such things. Well, me anyway. I enjoyed it, to tell the truth, but it was somewhat 'different' than what I would usually look for.  I laughed pretty hard in some (probably inappropriate) spots and enjoyed the universal 'deer camp' accepted practices regardless of region, or I imagine, even country.
 It was fun entertainment. I am not sure how it did at The Oscars. Maybe Jeff knows.
 And Jeff, yes, I like a happy ending and it had that. :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!