iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sleigh Bells Ring

Started by hardtailjohn, January 07, 2013, 10:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardtailjohn

Winter is one of our favorite times of the year here! We get to do lots of sleigh rides and hayrides for customers and friends!
Here's a few pictures of a sleigh ride we did just after Christmas....

Me and the girls (Daisy and Lilly) are waiting for riders to get their hot chocolate and settle in for a little ride....

View from the driver's seat.....

Round two!

Each ride lasts about an hour, and we provide blankets and antique foot warmers. It's actually pretty toasty back there! The lights provide a nice glow on the snow, so we can come home after dark, but prefer to be home warming ourselves by then! The little "vis a vis" sleigh pictured here carrys 4 passengers, facing eachother quite comfortably. For bigger groups, we use a feed sled (bob sled) that will haul about 20.
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Chuck White

Whow, that looks like some fun you've got going there John.

Beautiful team.

Opening pic looks like a post card!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Roxie

What a picture can't show is the feeling you get when you work with horses.  That sure is a beautiful team!   :)

Say when

thecfarm

I've got my hot chocolate.  ;D I can smell them horses from here and listening to the quietness of moving with no sound of a motor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HousewrightVA

John thats beautiful, thanks for posting your pictures.
skidsteer logger
Case 1840  440  580B
2016 LT40 Super

Magicman

Thank you for sharing a bit of the beauty in your life.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dakota

I bet that's not much of a pull for that beautiful team.  Thanks for sharing.
Dave Rinker

blackfoot griz

Awesome!

Those rides will provide a lifetime of memories.

reride82

John,

That is just awesome!  8) I've got to make up there sometime! How much of the year do you do sleigh rides? I should be making a trip up to the Eureka area sometime this month.  :new_year:

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

sandhills

Beautiful team. sleigh and scenery!  I bet you have a lot of fun with that.

hardtailjohn

We do sleigh rides as long as we have snow. Reride, we'd be very happy to see ya here!  Yes, that sleigh is a pretty small load for those girls.... sleighs actually pull much easier in good snow than a wagon of equal size on dirt. The sleigh pictured moves very easy and each of those girls weigh almost a ton. They've been standing around, eating and getting fat, so we do see a bit of sweat on them,  and they're also both (hopefully...haven't ultrasounded lately) pregnant, so a bit of excersize does them good!
Thanks for the complements!
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Thank You Sponsors!