iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

boots

Started by Mr Mom, January 17, 2006, 12:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhick

I have tried others over  the years but hands down the best boot I have ever had on my feet
http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdetails.aspx?prodid=1156

My only gripe with this style is the sole wears out before the uppers.  I have had a couple of pairs resoled locally but they were not the same.  I wear them daily.  I usally get about a  year and half to two year out of a pair before I replace them.  Usally the soles are wore out and the uppers are still in great shape (unless I have cut them, another story).  The last pair I bought was about two years ago.  I do need a new pair now.  At that time this style was still made in the USA and it was marked so on the end of the box.   I looked at other styles and some were marked made in USA and some were marked imported.  My wife complains about why I wear them all the time and not "tennis shoes" which I have a pair of that are 6-7 years old and look new because I hardly ever wear them.  I prefer a hard sole shoe. Just my opinion but I will keep buying RedWings.  I hope they can stay in the USA.  The last pair I bought the price had actually dropped to about $135.  I'm sure there not that cheap now. 
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Phorester

Woodhick, that's exactly the same boot I bought years ago at that exact price ($135) to work my Christmas trees with.  I was looking for a steeltoed leather laceup boot with a smoother sole than my vibram-soled heavy work boots. I don't wear them near as much as my regular work boots though, and they are well worn but still in good shape after 10 years or so.

Ron Scott

I have a pair of LL Bean rubber bottoms. They are very light weight. I wear them when the woods are wet. They have held up very well.
~Ron

fuzzybear

Being in the north, all I wear is Sorel boots. Their winter boots can't be beat. -50 and my feet are warm.  The work boots are great, short and high top depending on what I am doing. Both my winter and summer boots meet all safety requirements for oil field work so they are good for all applications.
   I have always had a problem with boots not fitting good (I have WIDE feet). I have to try on 4 or 5 different pairs until they fit. With Sorel I pick up a box and walk out, I know they will fit. I have never had boots that have felt "broke in" out of the box until I bought these.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!