iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Another cool morning at 34° but should be in the 50's today. Been a breeze lately, that makes it feel on the cool side. 
But better then rain.
The 10 days looks good for sun. 
Friday and Saturday is showing some sun now!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

30°F here this morning and sunny. Mid 50's for the high.

We wire the shop today.  ffwave
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Frosty mornings here but warms up quick with sun shining.
Loons are back so open water in the hood.
Seeing deer again too.
Beautiful stretch of weather on tap. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Old Greenhorn

Cooler today and rainy since yesterday afternoon. Temp is 45° now and supposed to hang between 42 and 47 until around mid morning tomorrow. Yesterday was nice in the morning but the rain began around 3pm and got heavy around 4am waking me up.
 I need shop time anyway.
 Looking like pretty good weather for the PrOject with no real chance of rain until Sunday afternoon. Use that sunscreen, that Georgia sun will take the hide off an alligator even if it's cloudy. Kast year it took 2 weeks for the tops of my ears to grow back. ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Andries

Last year at the PrOject, I noticed your red ears Tom.
I thought it was just from all the banter between you and Howard.
It snowed a fair bit this morning up here in Manitoba.
No problem at all – I haven't seen any mosquitoes yet. :thumbsup:
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Old Greenhorn

Ya know Andries you COULD have said something. I had no idea there was an issue until a day or so later and by then pieces of skin were falling off. That hadn't happened since my interior firefighting days.
 Ah well, instead of being annoying, it just gave me a warm fuzzy reminder of time well spent. 
 We've had some skeeters here, but they are slow and seem groggy, ffcheesy Easy to grab out of the air and not very many, they just got ahead of the crowd a bit too soon. Our snow is done, except maybe up on the mountains here and there, but today was snotty and unpleasant with drizzly rain all day totaling only about 0.20". A good day for shop work.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WhitePineJunky

Mosquiotos and no see ums out, no black flies yet oddly they usually come out before mosquitoes 

SwampDonkey

I saw mosquitoes here around the shop, was 60°F.   smiley_thumbsdown

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Heat wave at almost 40 this morning.  ffcheesy
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Same here and looks like rain coming. smiley_thumbsdown
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

Was 36°F this morning and 60° this afternoon. Showers tonight and tomorrow morning I think. Good drying wind here this afternoon, was dead calm this morning. Bright sun all day. Hopefully it won't be too wet and windy Saturday, I want to change oil in the buggy and lawn mower. They are mowing the local gulf course here already.

woodroe

No rain or snow all week !!! 

thecfarm

Some rain coming in early morning, maybe 5am until 10am. Only 5 hours of rain. Then showers. then sun at 3!!!!
That wind is busy right now. 

SwampDonkey

Had no rain here yet, not suppose to amount to more than a shower. Next rain is Wednesday into Thursday, with snow mixed in Thursday.  smiley_thumbsdown

44°F this morning and dry so far.

thecfarm

I saw rain last night, but it's showers now. Steps are wet, but no showers at this moment.

SwampDonkey

Only had a trace of water here today, can't even measure it in the gauge. Starting to clear in the west. Breezy. 44°F here all day.

Had some turkeys across the road. Only other birds I saw was the bluebirds around the boxes. Never even saw a robin, a blue jay, or a crow.

thecfarm

Sun came our around 2 today and still out!!!!

woodroe

31* and frosty. Stellar days on tap . Lots of outside work to
get caught up on. Hearing Hermit Thrushes in the woods, the flutists .

Peter Drouin

32 here, the cold better stop, the tree buds are coming out. 
One year we lost a lot of Apples from the frost. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

34°F this morning. Calling for an arctic cold front tonight, down into the 20's, 40's tomorrow for high. Then warm back into the 50's Tuesday. A little bit of flushing showing up, but very hesitant. Awfully early for most stuff, and it has not been very warm. Maybe 3 days of 60°F all month.

Ljohnsaw

Been in the low 80s for the last st week and a half. Upper 70s for this week and lower on the weekend. Friday light snowfall up the hill.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Been kinda cool here too.
Well I say that. but seem like the past few years it will be in the 70's for a couple weeks, then we get a killing frost that sets everything back.
It could still do that too.
Looking at the 10 day temps, one day might get up to 60.

thecfarm

34° and looks like full sun all day!!!!! 
50 for a high today.

SwampDonkey

Only got to 38F here, sunny and cold wind. Going down into the 20's tonight. When that wind started a big cloud came over with it and let loose some mealy snow. Didn't amount to anything. Cleared away.

About 60°F expected for Tuesday.

woodroe

Cold NW wind today ,wool hat , gloves and winter coat day. 
Tomorrow looks better for warmer.
Ground Still too wet for skidding logs, AG tires leaving imprint everywhere. Can wait.

Thank You Sponsors!