iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

debarking questions

Started by cpm, January 29, 2004, 04:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpm

I know I have seen info on debarking in this forum in the past but had no luck finding it by going through past posts last night. :P Figured i would ask again. I guess the issue for band mills is cleaner logs = longer blade life so I guess the bark doesn't have to come off as long as you can remove dirt and stones from surface. I'm thinking pressure washing might do during warmer weather but I've gut a pile of yellow poplar stacked up from the fall with the mud frozen in. I've been cleaning the start cut with an ax but that is slow goin. I've heard of this gizmo call log wizard or somthin like that, anyone use one of these? ??? Are they worth the 200 bucks? Any other ideas on cleanin the logs prior to sawing?

Thanks.cpm ;D ;D

Neil_B

Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

cpm

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. ;)

woodbeard

Debarking: The process of gathering intelligence from a dog who has been on a reconnaicance mission.

music_boy

NO NO NO,
     De Barking is what you want De dog De Stop :D :D :D :D :D
De Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Jeff

is debarking the same as disembarking? We got a guy at the mill that has been very late the last two mornings, and I am pretty sure is cause he's trying to be debarking. :-/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Debarking has something to do with healing. I was scraping my shins when I held the log for a rehook with the canthook and my customer said "that's a good way to bark your shins".  I have spent a good deal of time debarking my shins but it seems to be a lost cause.

woodbeard

Maybe you are barking up the wrong tree? ::)

Thank You Sponsors!