iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Looks like only 3 days in the next 10 days will be below 60. Warming up.
Nothing below freezing either, most mornings are just about 40 or above for the next 10 days.
Another sunny day here!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nebraska

Twas a bit crummy around here yesterday.  Middle son teaches flying lessons out of the east side of (Epply), the Omaha airport that was hit by a tornado the yesterday, the school lost at least 1 plane. He thought for a while that it got his office but it's ok. 

SwampDonkey

Sunny and 67°F here today.  ffsmiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WhitePineJunky

Pretty nice day sunny and around 10c, zombie black flies out another week or so they will be biting 

Deer ticks are out as well

woodroe

yup, blackflies are out but not biting yet. Won't be long though.
Some stellar weather on tap, things drying out enough to start skidding
some winter blowdowns out of the woods.
Deer Ticks been baaaaaad. Been picking them off fido for weeks. Many bloated.
Dog ticks are coming on now, sheesh.
Any time the dog gets walked he comes back with ticks.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

The outside air has been so dry here, it could choke a horse. I leave the window up  and it's like dry air off a wood stove. :sunny:

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Sun was out early this morning.
Gone for the day now.
Looks like a couple hours of rain then showers.
60's or almost 60 for the week.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Was overcast here this morning, now clearing out. But says showers today. Never know. Going to be 60's, SW wind. Was 42° early. Dry as a popcorn fart.

Big old red tailed hawk soring over the house a moment ago.  ffsmiley

I see the red fox coming back home to the back yard. Probably den and pups in an old ground hog hole. Been no sign of any ground hogs around. :D

And a couple Tom's with some hens out in the field awhile ago. :)

thecfarm

They said rain by 9 this morning and they was right.
I got a little wet picking up branches. But inside with a little white dog on my lap.
Should only be about 3 hours of rain and then showers.
Could be wet all day.

WhitePineJunky

Nothing at all here except sunshine and now in red zone burn restrictions 

SwampDonkey

Had a couple evening showers you couldn't measure. Farmers were on the land yesterday spreading fertilizer. I think they were all last week around here. There are companies that do the spreading.

42°F this morning, windy, clouds so far.

Neighbor said it was 70° on two of his thermometers. It wasn't, it was 55°, but not worth arguing about.  You don't go to your neighbors to make arguments, you just nod or grunt. Or better yet, don't go.  ffcheesy

thecfarm

I have 45 this morning.

Peter Drouin

45 here too, rain on and off the last 2 days. So sick of the rain.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

We have a line of thunderstorms approaching this morning that caused me to postpone today's sawing until tomorrow.  Not complaining because we need the moisture.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodroe

Close to 70 here today. Pretty sweet with the sun out full time.
Keep your mouth closed when working though, you might inhale
a blackfly.  ffcheesy

SwampDonkey

Windy out of the NE, cloudy and barely 50° for a high.  Checked the gauge from yesterday evening, was actually 1/4" of rain. Won't expect any black flies around here until I see leaves the size of squirrel ears. At least 2 weeks away.

Wlmedley

Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Old Greenhorn

Today was a milestone day I always note in my little head. For the first time this year I didn't have to start even a morning fire in the shop and worked out there all day. I didn't even put a jacket on in the morning. The weather stations said it hit the mod 70's today, but with the wind it didn't feel all that warm. at all. No rain, but it felt like it was coming a few times. I am sure I will still have a few fires, but it was nice to have a wood free day, I am pretty much tapped out.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

We don't get black flies in southern WI, thankfully. But up 'nort, can find them out at times.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Black flies usually appear the same time I want to work garden ground up. I often wear a bug net. Then not long and they are gone. The worst places for them up here are around bogs and black spruce country. None to speak of around these parts by the end of June. We have lots of deer flies and horse flies, they were terrible last summer, worst I've seen. Mosquitoes here at night and early morning in the yard all summer. And last year was a first for no-see-ums, it rained so much they flourished and even came through the porch screens in clouds. Couldn't have my morning porch coffee on rainy mornings. None during day time, just dark. Burn'n and itching.  ffcheesy

SwampDonkey

34°F this morning and clear skies.  :sunny: :thumbsup:

thecfarm

Looks like the next 6 days I won't see the stars.  smiley_thumbsdown
Clouds until next Monday.
I am at 42° this morning.
As woodroe said, close to 70 here yesterday.
Seem to be warming up slow this year.
The past few years, it gets up into the 70's for 2-3 weeks and then we get a killing frost and sets everything back.

woodroe

Fiery pink sky looking east this fine morning. 
Finally got some blowdowns twitched out Sunday.
Ground drying out nicely.

thecfarm

Thank You Sponsors!