iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank You to Woodmizer

Started by Road Runner, October 26, 2012, 07:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Runner

I'd like to thank Woodmizer for the demonstration and open house held in Barnwell, SC last Saturday.  Joe Whitley did a great job hosting the event with Micah Hewitt putting on a demostration on sawmill allignment and Earl Hazelwood a demonstration on sawing techniques and quarter sawing.  Hamilton Dicks provided the perfect place for the demonstrations. 
Being fairly new to sawing it was good to be able to talk to the Woodmizer employees as well as other sawmill owners.  I would highly recommend anyone that can to attend one of these events in their area.  Thanks again to everyone that had a part in putting on this event. 
WM LT40G25, Kubota MX5100, Husqvarna 365 & R460

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Road Runner.....glad you had a good time. You get to meet a bunch of knowledgeable people from Wood-Mizer.
The hands on instructions is what I liked and there never is a dumb question. They will give you an answer and show you what you want to know at the same time.

Joe along with Micah know how to put on an informative get together. Did you get to eat some of Joe's cooking?
His BBQ and fix'ins are out of this world!  8)

Good post!

David

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Road Runner

Joe didn't cook.  They had pizza brought in, but they did have BBQ pizza (a first for me). 
WM LT40G25, Kubota MX5100, Husqvarna 365 & R460

Leigh Family Farm

Thanks to Marty and the Family for hosting a great open house today in PA. Barry from Woodmizer was there and helped answer all of my questions. I sawed my first log....yup, my first ever log...on a WM LT40HD and I'm hooked! Anyone got $40,000 I can borrow?  ;)

Thanks again!!!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: kilgrosh on November 03, 2012, 04:58:14 PM
Thanks to Marty and the Family for hosting a great open house today in PA. Barry from Woodmizer was there and helped answer all of my questions. I sawed my first log....yup, my first ever log...on a WM LT40HD and I'm hooked! Anyone got $40,000 I can borrow?  ;)

Thanks again!!!

You don't need near that much to get a brand spanking new LT40HD.  8)

Magicman

It sounds like Congratulations are in order.   smiley_roller   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

When you buy a mill from one of those shows you have to wipe the drool off first.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Okrafarmer

I just wish I knew when these things were going to happen so I could go to them!  :(
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on November 03, 2012, 08:41:08 PM
I just wish I knew when these things were going to happen so I could go to them!  :(

I'll let ya know next time they have one in out area.  smiley_thumbsup

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 03, 2012, 05:58:21 PM
You don't need near that much to get a brand spanking new LT40HD.  8)

The saw I used had a lot of bells and whistles and "I need that" options. Debarker, Accuset2, Fine Adjustment Outriggers, oh and it was a Super HD LT40  ;D.

CS, the drool is just part of the package deal.

Sixacresand

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick"

:D :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

MartyParsons

Hello,
  Hey how about we make a deal on sailing with training traded for Wood Mizer mill usage with training.
Glad you had a good time yesterday.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Meadows Miller

Ill take you up on that Marty but I would need the mill to build the boat first Mate  ;) ;)  :) :D :D ;D

Seriously I hope lifes been treating you and the family well Mate  ;) ;D 8) I take it you went to the Ag Progress days again this year ???
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: MartyParsons on November 04, 2012, 01:49:52 PM
Hello,
  Hey how about we make a deal on sailing with training traded for Wood Mizer mill usage with training.
Glad you had a good time yesterday.
Marty

Anytime you want sailing lessons, you let me know. If you find a boat near you, I will drive out and teach you. I don't own a boat but then again I don't own a mill and I still got to saw a log. Thanks again for the great experience on Saturday.

Thank You Sponsors!