iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a dig pattern.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Needs a few Bluegills now.   ffsmiley

doc henderson

Looks like you did a great job on the solar array.  Is that the recommended angle at your location?   :usa:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Quote from: doc henderson on April 28, 2024, 04:24:39 PMLooks like you did a great job on the solar array.  Is that the recommended angle at your location?  :usa:
Yes, for this time of year at due south. I can adjust the angle steeper as the year progresses. We used an App. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I looked at the hostas, they are up and doing good. 
The wood chucks are doing good too.  smiley_thumbsdown  I found 4 places that they are active. I am going to see if I can slow down the active part.  :wacky:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Need some red foxes around. Mine here cleaned up on the ground hogs I had for 2 years. Even saw the fox around yesterday on patrol. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

When I had chickens, I had foxes. Maybe I need to get chickens again.  :wacky:
We always had wood chucks here.
Have not found anything to clean them out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

They seem to be in cycles like rabbits. They will get plentiful for a year or two, then the foxes clean house. We've always had groundhogs to, the foxes seem to know it's time to clean them out every so often.  ffcheesy I have not seen one around here since last spring. I did see one 2 miles up the road yesterday, the neighbor there said he saw a fox around to. So groundhog days are numbered. ffcheesy
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

We have resident foxes and rarely see ground hogs. 30 years ago there were lots of them around and foxes were seldom seen. Now we see foxes. We had some ground hogs move in a couple years ago or so. A buddy saw one with a little one day and thought I should get right after them and kill them before they undermined my farm buildings and multiplied more. I'd seen them around too. The foxes took care of the population. I'm still seeing foxes and haven't seen a ground hog since.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Resonator

My sister and brother-in-law have Hosta's growing in their back yard. He likes to refer to them by the full Latin name: "Hosta La Vistas". :thumbsup:
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

beenthere

Quote from: Resonator on April 29, 2024, 09:28:38 AMMy sister and brother-in-law have Hosta's growing in their back yard. He likes to refer to them by the full Latin name: "Hosta La Vistas". :thumbsup:

Also a white fir (Abies concolor) with that name

https://www.gardenia.net/plant/abies-concolor-hosta-la-vista
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Built it, and they will come. All of them.

thecfarm

Jeff

Not so far this year. Still deciding if I want to hunt. I have 10 points. I could get a tag anytime I choose. Probably since we are having a pigroast, I won't hunt. That takes dedication of time

doc henderson

Will you hunt in your own land, or are those deer considered residents.  Should be easier if you know what is there, but if you begin to recognize then as individuals...  I will be sad to miss the pig roast, but it is my wife's birth month as she is about to become 60.  I think I will do well to concentrate on that.  We are going to a Morgan Wallen concert in KC she has planned for 6 months.  She enjoys going to FF events, but now I need to do the same for her.  birth month.   :wacky: ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

How close is the nearest other water source to this?  It sure is getting some wildlife traffic.  Pretty cool!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Jeff

Once we get into summer, probably less than a quarter mile to the carlton Marsh leading to the st. Marys river across the road, in dry weather. 
 Really no shortage of water, just small water areas that get rare.

This will give you an idea of my surroundings. Pretty wild.

Jeff

Doc, hunting on my propertyis always my goal, but I'll hunt anywhere there's game if given the opportunity. 

Thank You Sponsors!