iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Favorite Kind of Logs...

Started by ncsawyer, June 24, 2016, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncsawyer

FREE!

Picked up a load of free pine logs today.  My neighbors cut them down this week to make way for a few more tobacco barns.  I think one of the trees was dead before they cut it, the bark was starting to slip...but I never complain about free!

I think that was about all the load my log haulin rig needed to haul.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

killamplanes

Looks like a win win for u.  8)
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

fishfighter

Heck, now that they are loaded, you can drive by and I will unload them for you here. :D

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

woodman58

Some nice logs. I just wish I could get some logs. I picked up my new TK 2200 a week and a half ago and can't get logs. My logger has 7 tractor trailer trucks and one grapple truck. I need the grapple truck because I don't have a way to unload the logs. The guy that drives the grapple truck had a heart attack and is out for a couple of weeks. So, here I sit with a new mill and no logs.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

Magicman

Nice, is that an old Dodge that I see.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ncsawyer

Quote from: Magicman on June 25, 2016, 07:22:54 AM
Nice, is that an old Dodge that I see.   :o

The truck hooked to the trailer is a 96 k2500 Chevy.  The old rusted truck cab in the second picture used to be a 49 or 50 Chevrolet, I think.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Magicman

OK, so that is embarrassing because I once had a 49 Chevy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Knute

The roof does look like a 51 dodge I once had.

bkaimwood

bk

ncsawyer

Knute, you and Magic do have more first hand experience with trucks from that era. That old truck has been in the weeds for a long time and my uncle (who used to drive it on the farm) pulled it out a few months ago.  Said some guy was coming to pick it up.  There are no badges or emblems  left on the truck, but I'm pretty sure it's what's commonly called a 5 window Chevy.  It's got the curved glass in the cab corners.  Dodge made some with similar glass design, but their corner windows were shorter and more square looking. Again, I am certainly no expert, so I could be totally wrong but the best I can tell and from what my uncle says I believe its an old Chevy. 
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

scsmith42

Nice score on the logs.  They appear to be tight growth ring too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ncsawyer

Quote from: scsmith42 on June 25, 2016, 09:28:52 PM
Nice score on the logs.  They appear to be tight growth ring too.

Thanks!  They were grown on some light sandy land that promoted some slower growing conditions.  Not too good for crops, but makes really nice pine trees!
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Magicman

My old '49 Chevy had those windows.   ;)

Thank You Sponsors!