iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig Tale's (with BULL pit...water falls..and Menominee saw shop!)

Started by Buzz-sawyer, August 10, 2005, 11:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

I took a few pics at the pig sesion........heard some tall tales, of which I will have to de program oof_bear_err from Charlies ,"How to make it big and be a corporate big shot seminar"

I got a pic of who the monkey REALLY was ..That was some sommer sault SCOOBY!

This was a location aof wisdom dispersal during the day....men bellied up and shared all.I learned that U.S F. men could be distinguished by belt buckles and that plain clothes secret guys used them as a weapon, and the belt for cuffs!

Chet said,"Whats dat den ...a pass-tee press?

I dig this cooler!

This is where all the men that were drawn by loud 2 stroke noise settled in to educate others in th ,"Coon huntin and jumpin mules.....and how to suceed w/o really working

...my daughter sat in on Charlie's lecture and I believe beenthere offered her a course as well!

Then on up to Saulte to see the locks...

We then headed to ship wreck point on lake SUPERIOR NICE!

My daughter odering me OUT ..but my defiance...arms folded...I liked the coool water!

We then camped here, at the lower falls...

What kinda odd ball regenerates like this???

some slasher blades.the first thing we saw at Menominee saw shop........They treated us great and spent time showing the whole production and repair shop for the roundish blades.......Thanks Scott and Terry for the time and lessons!

The arbours on these blades mystified me Scott said they are held in placew/o a collar..but with 2000psi water jet!

This pic was taken in Peach's brothers area....these blades are used to saw louvers....they are VERY thin at .035 of an inch ...I compare it to a sheet of paper

After re tipping all blades are side ground topped and sharpened...these guys do a FANTASTIC job!

These heads are for shaping logs for cabins

This is Peache's area...He was working on a slasher blade...at least 1/2" thick....

Scott runs the cirle shop and knows the business ...THANKS for the hats SCOTT!

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pasbuild

Yup thats Beech, most are being cut on the east end due to a Beech wilt :(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Buzz-sawyer

Yea the park looked more like a clear cut than a ,"A untouched virgin hardwood forest ;one of a few left in the U.P" :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

NO stool shots on that beach!
The stump on the other hand................. ;D
So how was the water......besides cold?

Looks like ya all had a ball! 8) 8) 8)

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

;D ;D ;D
Ya didn't make it down to the log slide area near pictured rocks did you?
You can look out from the top of the dunes and see the bottom of the lake a good ways offshore, on the right day.

CHARLIE

Whaddayamean Stories?  I wuz tell'n da truth.....or there was some truth in there somewhere.  ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

sprucebunny

Arky must have told a whopper , also ;D

I went to the locks, too. And also to the water powered sawmill.

I really enjoyed meeting you, Abi . You'll go far in life  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Buzz-sawyer

Thanks Sprucebunny, we didn't get to go to the water sawmill. Do you have some pics of it?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

sprucebunny

Here's a couple of pics. I met WeekendSawyer and Celest there. Hopefully, they will have better pictures.

There are 2 water wheels: one verticle and one horizontal. I hope Jeff will explain which does what ::) ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Off_bear_err

Furby,
We didn't make it that far north. :(
If I had more gas money I think I could spend a month exploring the U.P. and another couple months in the southern part of Michigan  It is far less humid up there and the lakes are awesome! :) I live by the "Muddy Miss" River and the water is nothing like that of Lake Superior.
Sawmill brat HELPER.......offbearer for my Pop!
BUZZ_SAWYER

Off_bear_err

Charlie, of course it was true. You just added a little of your perspective...isn't that what makes a good story? ;)
Sawmill brat HELPER.......offbearer for my Pop!
BUZZ_SAWYER

Furby

Yeah, I've seen the Big Muddy many times........leaves a bit to be desired when ya compare it to the Great Lakes.
Was gonna say ya have that wrong, you need several months for the UP and only a month for the LP, but then I remembered how much there really is in the LP. ::)

Minnesota_boy

Hey, you guys have the Mississippi all wrong.  I can see the pebbles on the bottom through 6 feet of water and watch the fish swim by.  The Mississippi isn't muddy at all.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Corley5

Looking east toward Grand Marais at the Grand Sable Banks (Dunes) from the Log Slide Overlook

Looking west toward the Au Sable Point Lighthouse.  I took these just about a year ago to the day on a weekend that could have passed for one in October rather than in August.  Gotta love the U.P.  eh?  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Buzz-sawyer

the pebbles will snk in 6 feet of silt...........if you could see em 1 inch in front of ya :o :o

in southern Ill. :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Haytrader

Haytrader

Furby

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!