iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gas prices

Started by Haytrader, June 08, 2004, 07:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haytrader

I found this site where you can find gas prices in any state and town (here in the USA anyway)

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/gasprices/states/index.shtml

I found it interesting. Hope you do too.
Haytrader

ARKANSAWYER

What I found interesting here in my area is that when gas started up the price of a barrel of oil would go up in the Sudan and that same afternoon the price went up in Yellville Arkansas.   But I can not figure out how that oil got here so fast.  I figured that we was running on the oil they bought, say back in January. ???  
  As gas went up so did diesel then when gas hit $1.98 here diesel went down to $1.68.  Now gas has come down some and diesel is $1.79. >:(  
  Now I was wondering if the price of oil drops in the Sudan tomorrow will the price of gas drop in Yellville tomorrow afternoon? ???
  Alot to ponder.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Haytrader

Memorial weekend gas was $2.05 here and we bought gas in Oklahoma City for $1.82.
When I found this site and clicked on Oklahoma I see gas down there can be bought for $1.66 today. It has dropped all the way down to $1.97 here.
Never thought I would ever say I was happy to see gas was $1.97.
 :(

Hey Arky,

Did you get all them boys straightened out on which kind of mill is best?

;)
Haytrader

Frickman

On the Pittsburgh TV news this evening people are celebrating that gas went under two bucks. Happy days are here again!
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Buzz-sawyer

It reminds me of the famous analogy of the frog in the cooking pot (the cook heats water slowly opposed to suddenly),
I partially rerlate that to the incremental raising of prices a shock amount of 50 cents then a calming relief as they go down 10 cents....moral is the frog gets cooked and doesnt even complain about it! :D ;D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ron Wenrich

I saw in the newspaper, that gas in Iraq is 5 cents a gallon.  The actual cost of the gas is much more, but the Iraqi people only have to pay a nickel.  We are subsidizing $1.50 per gallon so as to keep their gas cheap.  Who subsidized us?

Meanwhile, in England gas was $5.67.  To fill up costs over $100.

I've also heard the statistic that 50% of the price of gasoline is for crude oil, and 33% is for taxes.  The remaining 17% is for transportation, refining, and profit.  

As the value of the dollar conitues to erode, oil prices will have to rise.  Cheaper dollars always means more expensive imports, no matter if its shoes or oil.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Last years prices cost me $56.00 to fill up, now its $75.00.  >:( I live 140 miles from Canada's largest oil refinery. Those folks that live beside it pay more than we do. Go figure!
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!