iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Petting Zoo

Started by Fla._Deadheader, June 21, 2003, 05:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Thought y'all might like to see some of our "Buddies" at the river. The river is like a box of chocolates; ya never know what ya might visit ya next  ;D ;D :D :D :D

This little feller just came sashayin by. He's only about 6' long.

Don'T know what variety this is. He had a triangle shaped head, so, while we were extricating the log from the side of the river, we kept one eye on him. ;D ;D  Never saw a "Razorback" snake afore ????

This big girl was sittin by her nest. She was about 9-10 feet long. Don'T see too many just watchin ya go by. MOST of 'em are in the water.  ;D ;D :D :D :D

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

EZ

Thanks for the pictures, Fla-D. All my life I been wantin to go to Fla. to see the gators. Had plans on going in july, but with the shop thing going on we decided to stay home. Maybe one of these days. Thanks again.
EZ

Frickman

Fla Deadheader,

Years ago a bunch of us took a spring break trip to Florida. We're driving through a residential neighborhood down by a river or canal or something and out along the road is an alligator sunning himself. Not back in the woods or swamp but out in someone's yard. None of the locals seemed to notice, but us northern boys got out of there in a hurry. Florida's nice, but I'll stick with our copperheads and rattlers over alligators and mosquitos.

Frickman
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Fla._Deadheader

Just read in the paper, today, that a 12 year old boy was taken by a Gator, not too far from where we are working. They are attracted to commotion on the surface. As long as we are underwater, I don't worry about them. Keeps the competition away, also  ;D ;D ;D :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

D._Frederick

Fla.,
With them things hungry enough to eat a 12 year old boy, I would make myself a boom stick like they use for shark,a pole with a 12 gauge shotgun in the end.

Fla._Deadheader

"D", how would you know where to point it?????  Most of the time, the visibility is "0", as in, none, zilch, un-uh, ain't no way, Jose !!!!   :o ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

dail_h

Deadheader
   Saw the article about the 12 year old worried about you guys for couplea days,then decided you were probably too big for 8 to 10 footers.I'de be nervous still
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!