iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Echo CS2511T Dribbles Fuel

Started by lxskllr, February 04, 2019, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

Is this a problem? I've been keeping the saw in the truck, and every so often I'll get a whiff of fuel, and there'll be a little wet spot below it. Not a lot, but it's there. Attitude of the saw /may/ be a contributing factor. It's kind of all over the place, and could be tipped one way or the other. First time I noticed it, it started to slide off the seat, and I caught it. A bit later I smelled fuel, and it had a wet spot. Brought into the office today to look it over, and the fuel tank was slightly pressurized. It hissed a bit when I loosened the cap. Never noticed that on a saw before, and don't know if that means anything. Fuel level wasn't drastically low or anything. IOW, I couldn't tell it had been leaking by seeing the fuel level.

Is there anything to be fixed, or is this "just the way it is"? It's not a huge deal, but it is inconvenient. I won't be able to keep the saw in the cabin, and it may be better to drain the fuel when I'm finished with it. Not sure how I'll handle it at this point. Otherwise, the saw's great. I tweaked the low screw today, and it throttles up better. Both the high and the low screws were CCW to the stops. I removed the limiter from the high screw, and it may still need some tweaking. I left the limiter on the low screw, and backed it off a bit.

Inaotherlife

For a while, I was keeping my 2511 in a plastic milwaukee 24" job box with an o-ring seal on the lid.

Everytime I opened the box I could smell gas. Not a bad gas smell, but a clean 2-stroke smell.

Never found a gas leak.

But a few drops of oil puddle up under the chain/sprocket area.

I don't think it's normal for it to leak gas. But regardless, I wouldn't carry a chainsaw on the seat of my truck unless it was in some kind of case.
And I keep an old towel in the bottom of the case.

I do keep this little saw in the house. 
And if I had to, due to a leak, I might dump the gas out between uses back into one of the quart size trufuel cans that I store my mix in for later use.

lxskllr

I have a case for it now, but I don't enjoy the constant smell of gas(a quick whiff is enjoyable enough  :^D  ). I got a Samsonite... Carry on bag I guess is what it is from the thrift shop. Looks like a cross between a purse and a laptop bag. I cut a slit in the end for the bar, and stitched up the ends of the cut to prevent it from spreading. There's enough room for an abbreviated gear loadout. I have a couple wedges, a spare chain, some files, and the scrench and torx wrench it came with. There's probably enough room to wedge in my small bottle of bar oil, and 1qt fuel bottle too. I'm pretty happy for $5.

Not sure where the fuel would be coming from, especially since the tank seems to hold pressure. I'm pretty sure that's what came out, and not bar oil, but I didn't pay /that/ close attention. I'm gonna keep an eye on it. It's not enough of a problem to RMA it, but it is a minor irritation. My cs400 smells gassy, but I don't see puddles from that. Probably just sloppy filling since the holes are small. I don't smell my Stihls at all.

Inaotherlife

I can't smell the gas in mine except when I opened the lid on that air-tight container that it was in.
That briefcase thing you got sounds like a good idea.
I'm thinkin an old lunchpale with a hole cut in the end would work too!

Thank You Sponsors!