iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pitch / Sap removal tip for my fellow sawyers

Started by golddredger, September 02, 2014, 04:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golddredger

Thanks been there.

I shared and take it personal as it means a bunch to me. There is a story behind it and how I was told to do it myself 30+ years ago.

It works plain and simple. I have severe reaction to chemicals like laqure thinner and accetone I get blisters from that on my hands if exposed. And you would not choose to wipe your kids down with these chemicals would you? Also rubbing alchohol if splashed into your or a childs eyes does severe damage to the eye ball itself and can cause permanant blindness. Again should you use this? Mayo has zero affect on your skin and is very safe for you and kids to remove pitch. This was not a joke nor was I messing with anyone. I am serious and it works amazing. So take this info and use it as you choose. But do not knock it or twist it around into being used for other things. I never said it would clean sap from your mill. But if you try I would love a picture. :o
Home built bandsaw mill and trailer for a mini logging operation. Lots of chainsaws and love the woods.

Jeff

Quote from: golddredger on October 09, 2014, 03:07:26 PM
Not sure how this thread got off track but he the mayo tip is to clean pitch off your hands and arms. NOT your mill or blade as lube. Pretty ovious I thought in my first post. Just read some (Admin language edit) comments in another thread about using mayo for sawing.... Last time I share a tip here. Did I take it personal......? Yes  :o
That was a tip that could be appreciated and had fun with at the same time. Untwist yer panties and enjoy your fellow members good senses of humor.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on October 09, 2014, 07:56:45 PM
Untwist yer panties and enjoy your fellow members good senses of humor.

You got his Goat.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

Quote from: Jeff on October 09, 2014, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: golddredger on October 09, 2014, 03:07:26 PM
Not sure how this thread got off track but he the mayo tip is to clean pitch off your hands and arms. NOT your mill or blade as lube. Pretty ovious I thought in my first post. Just read some (Admin language edit) comments in another thread about using mayo for sawing.... Last time I share a tip here. Did I take it personal......? Yes  :o
That was a tip that could be appreciated and had fun with at the same time. Untwist yer panties and enjoy your fellow members good senses of humor.

Well said Jeff.  Relax and have fun.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!