iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

White pine fun

Started by Farmer Jim, October 03, 2014, 07:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Jim

Tree came from here on the farm.  Had to do a little trimming and the center 8" was rot, but we got a few sticks from her.  Making boards for a shop to house all our woodworking machines. 

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

taylorsmissbeehaven

That's a good size tree F.J. I have never cut white pine but it sure does make nice lumber. Thanks for the pic, Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Ga Mtn Man

Nice log.  I love cutting clear white pine.  Got any pics of the lumber?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Farmer Jim

I'll get a shot of some lumber from it.  It wasn't as clear as I had hoped. I wanted clear 2X8X16 joists, they aren't bad, just not clear.  I still have several 2X14X16 planks to make into 2X8s and 2X6s, but Murphy made his daily visit and I'm waiting for a belt as we speak.  This one was a bear to move around. The other bigger ones I have yet to saw are 12' or less due to tree features and should be easier to manage.
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  J.B.Books

Farmer Jim

Here is a photo of part of the lumber from the pictured log.  2X8X16s

Here is a 12' that opened nice. Sawed into 2X8X12 rafters.

Ga Mtn Man

Nice boards.  The cut looks good.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Farmer Jim

Thanks.  I am happy with the Cook guide retro-fit.  The boards are very much improved from what I had with the original guides. I still have some tweaking to do.  I copied the Hud-son dog/hold downs and they were never user friendly or conducive to good cuts/ accurate dimensions.  One broke the other day and while removing it to re-weld, I had a lightbulb moment and made modifications to 2 of the hold-downs with the surprising result that they actually work.  Not just work, work well.  Should have had the lightbulb moment 14 years ago.

New Brunswick

I think my noggin was fitted with a warm ballast but live in a cold climate as bulb is slow coming on?? Nice looking lumber FJ!

rooster 58

Nice job and nice looking boards Farmer Jim ;)

Thank You Sponsors!