iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

30.5l 32 skidder tires hard to find used

Started by semologger, April 03, 2014, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

here a couple months ago i blew a tire outa my prentice 950 skidder. After searching for a week for a used one with no luck. I finaly took one off my john deere 648 E. now yesterday my guy stobbed one on the prentice again. now its back to the drawing board trying to find a tire. i cant afford a new 3 thousand dollar tire. scaeffer enterprises dont have one. and another place i found one wants 1500 for one that has 20 25 percent  rubber

SwL_Wildcat

Did the operator rip the side wall out of it?

There are a couple options that we use.

1) If the tire isn't damaged too badly we will patch it like a conventional repair, then tube it.  The tubes help a lot so the tires don't get pinched when jumping the deck.

2) If the sidewall is damaged to the point where a tube won't get you going again then it may be possible to section the tire.  Call a tire shop in your area that deals with OTR tires and ask if they can send it out for a section repair.

The reason there is not many used 30.5 x 32 forestry tires is usually everyone runs them until they are completely destroyed.  Even tires with 10% tread left work fine when the skidder is chained up.

Good luck!
JD4720 for chores around the house.

semologger

its ruined to badly to patch it. he stobbed it right thru the center of the tread. ive found 4 tires.  one place wants 1000 a piece not on rims. and the other wants 1400 a piece but has the wrong rims. but i are aired up in case i need a tube. all have around 10 perent rubber. im waiting on a couple other calls. so hopefully something will turn up.

treeslayer2003

many will not agree but if I needed a tire and short on funds I wouldn't rule out a 12 ply combine tire. I have run um with no problems.

thenorthman

Call around the little commercial tire shops.

Big outfit out here (unkle Les swabby)wants 1500 for 18.4x26, little shop not more then a mile way, gave me a quote for 820 something 2 days ago, BF goodrich 14 ply vs Firestone forestry special.

Another option is to use a plate and bolts to hold the tire together, or boot it and run it, mine currently has a 4-5" tear through it, you can see the boot... been like that for nearly a year now.  The smaller or commercial only tire shops are more likely to make an unconventional repair then the big boys, they seem to get that a skidder isn't going to be doing 80mph on the freeway and have a blow out... The tire just has to hold air and not tear itself apart.
well that didn't work

SwL_Wildcat

All our new JD skidders come with Firestone tires from the factory.  When we replace them we usually go with Primex®.  They are less expensive and seem to last a little longer than Firestone.

http://primexforestry.com/

Maybe there is a dealer near you that you could get a quote from.

(I hope I didn't break a rule by posting the above link, if I did and it gets removed just Google "Primex forestry tires".
JD4720 for chores around the house.

tj240

nash equipment in new hampshire sections ties
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

BargeMonkey

Check craigslist. I constantly see tires for sale up this way. I know delk has a bunch.

Thank You Sponsors!