iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making news.

Started by customsawyer, March 04, 2024, 06:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Made the local news with my smoker. A younger neighbor wanted to enter the competition, so asked if he could use my grill. This is how you get roped into stuff you didn't know you were going to do.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/annual-dublin-pig-park-barbecue-competition/93-1410493f-a7dd-488f-b9ea-9e6526fd9539
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

TroyC

Hopefully you have another plaque for the wall! ffwave

YellowHammer

Very cool!  Congratulations! 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

B.C.C. Lapp

That's awesome.  Now I'm starving. ffcheesy
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Jeff

Don't nobody go and changin this discussion over to sawmillin!!!  ffcool

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stephen1

Looks like some Good BBQing for the project! Jeff notice the lack of a certain word.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

doc henderson

well, the smoker is dusted off and seasoned.  should be ready for the "sawmilling project".  there I said it.  :snowball: Good job Jake!   ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Looked like much Food-N-Fun for all.  Congratulations !!!  food6  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

Quote from: Jeff on March 04, 2024, 07:55:16 AMDon't nobody go and changin this discussion over to sawmillin!!!  ffcool
I milled up some apple last week. And my brother picked up some slabs ta smoke some suckers this spring.
So there, I covered both bases.  ffcheesy
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

barbender

Cool Jake! You and that white cowboy hat are iconic👍
Too many irons in the fire

okmulch

Looks like a lot of fun! I enjoy smoking meat and BBQing but I am not ready for competition, even if it is for fun. Always good to help out the community. 
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Magicman

Quote from: chet on March 04, 2024, 09:12:28 AMI milled up some apple last week. And my brother picked up some slabs ta smoke some suckers this spring.
atree[1

Apple "smoking" wood is easy to identify.  :thumbsup: 

EDIT:  (looks like the photo ain't working)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I see it MM.  ffcool  

Looks like a great feed Jake, plus touch'n base with everyone.  :thumbsup:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!