iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am sorry.

Started by customsawyer, February 29, 2012, 07:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Just got off the phone with red oaks lumber. He said that he had just finished plowing 16" of heavy wet snow. I was sitting on my deck drinking a beer and talking with the wife. I was wearing shorts with a t-shirt at 82°. I hate it for you folks up north but will raise a glass for you.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

okmulch

I hear you customsawyer! I would not want to have to deal with that much snow. It was 68 here in Oklahoma today and going to be in the 80's tomorrow.  I will raise my glass tomorrow for the northerners also.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Meadows Miller

Im not going to tease as I think clearing snow on a regular basis would drive me nuts  I would feel like it was a lot of wasted effort  :) :( but Sitting on the Deck with Jake and Lorraine drinking a beer is a good place to be  :) :) ;) ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

red oaks lumber

your times a comin old boy ;D just for you i'm keepin some snow to ship you in july 8)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

Some of you guys must feel about the same mowing all that grass. ;D Had to remove 3 inches of snow here yesterday, rain for Friday.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

When your thermometer hits 110° we'll talk some  ;D :D :D   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Yeah, 80 in Oklahoma in February? That's just craziness. :D Won't be long and you fellas will be trucking water from Canada like gasoline. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LOGDOG

Yep, me and ROL were just talking the other night about how little snow they've had up there. I guess we should have knocked on wood huh? Mid 70's here today, 80's tomorrow. Trees are flowering, flowers blooming, honey bees out doing their thing.

But Marcel is right .... it'll be 100+ here in no time and the ROL and the rest of the Yankees will be smilin'.

okmulch

Quote from: isawlogs on February 29, 2012, 08:34:40 PM
You do not know how true that statement is Marcel. Last summer we broke records with the most consecutive days over 100 degrees. :(
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: okmulch on February 29, 2012, 08:58:41 PM
Quote from: isawlogs on February 29, 2012, 08:34:40 PM
You do not know how true that statement is Marcel. Last summer we broke records with the most consecutive days over 100 degrees. :(

Man.....I don't even wanna think about last summer!  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Meadows Miller

SD Thats what gravel is for isnt it Mate  ??? ??? ;) Red Oaks I can just see Jake getting an fedexd box of water Mate  :) ;) :D :D :D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Clam77

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 29, 2012, 08:39:33 PM
Yeah, 80 in Oklahoma in February? That's just craziness. :D Won't be long and you fellas will be trucking water from Canada like gasoline. ;)

TOO true SD.... our rivers are already way below normal here.  If the guys up north dont get a heap of snow in the next month and a half..... it's gona be a bad problem everywhere this year I'm afraid.
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Magicman

I don't know what the temp was, but I sawed in a T shirt today.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LOGDOG

I was going to say...you gotta look at that snow as though it's going to help the water table. Lakes up North have really been low the last few years. It's a little late in the year for it to do the snowmobile trails much good though.

WDH

Steve,

I am feeling especially sorry for you today after hearing this  :D.  We will keep things milder down here so as to keep the earth balanced so that it does not spin out of orbit  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Deese guys aren't really sorry. :D

fuzzybear

Been a nice -15ish here for 2 weeks. I think that is the best temperature to work in....you never get overheated. Usually in the -40 range this time of year. So I won't complain and jinx it. :-X
Still 3 months until the snow is gone and the flowers start to bloom.  Really just 2 seasons here. spring is 2 weeks and fall is 2 weeks.
  I lived in AZ for a lifetime (ok it was only 1 month, but felt like a life time) I could never live in an area that was above 75 at night. I would sooner be cold and try to stay warm than hot and try to cool off.
  You boys in the south are tough as far as I'm concerned. Nothing like walking around with a hot wet blanket over your back all the time. WAY to much humidity.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

sawguy21

Had snow here on the wet coast today, higher elevations got nailed. Lots of snow in the coast mountains at the present time so runoff will be heavy if it thaws in a hurry. Prairies are very dry though, planting will be tough without some spring rains. It has been a wacky winter, our sales of snow removal equipment parts are flat.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Clam77

Be a good year to stock up on that snow removal equipment if one had any extry cash layin around... low demand USUALLY means lower prices..     8)
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on February 29, 2012, 09:26:29 PM

Last week I sawed in a T-shirt as well ....

And a heavy denim shirt, and a turtleneck sweater, and a Carhart winter coat :D :D.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

beenthere

I'm not sorry, but envious of red oaks. But this storm missed us completely. Rain, a bit of wind, and some sleet. Just above freezing.
We need a good snow around here.

(I'm sorry you guys are in t-shirts and prolly sweating some too :) )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fuzzybear

Quote from: Brucer on February 29, 2012, 11:34:37 PM
Quote from: Magicman on February 29, 2012, 09:26:29 PM

Last week I sawed in a T-shirt as well ....

And a heavy denim shirt, and a turtleneck sweater, and a Carhart winter coat :D :D.

:D :D :D  That's a good one
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

SwampDonkey

I never complain about winter.  8) Some fellas blat too much. ;)  :)

customsawyer

I thought about putting this one on the weather thread but decided this need its own place.
I was raised in Colorado and the wife was born in NB. Canada so we both know what that white stuff is.  We was sitting there talking about the fact that it don't matter where you live there are going to be some trade offs.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Norm

Let's not feel too sorry for him, I hear he's got heat in the skid steer.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!