iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a new to me truck yesterday.

Started by customsawyer, May 19, 2012, 03:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I found a great used truck yesterday. It is a 1997 F250 4X2 with 116500 miles. ;D It is as clean a truck as I have found in a long time. It has the 7.3L diesel.

This is my wife, standing beside it as she has informed me that it is her truck.

Here is the other side.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Chuck White

Nice, it's difficult to find a truck half that age that looks so clean.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

That's a classic ! Congratulations !
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Norm

Well she's a nice lookin one for sure...pickup's nice too.  ;D

Magicman

Nice find for sure.  Isn't it amazing how much smaller older trucks are.  The new ones are so beefed up with taller tires, bodies, and hoods. 

I almost need a stepladder to look over into the bed, but thanks for the tailgate step.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Looks new!!  You got a good one.....wife and truck, in that order. :)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

Sweet!  Apparently you folks don't use much salt on your roads  ;), that thing looks like it should still have that "new car" smell to it.

Meadows Miller

looks like a good truck  ;) Is this one her new daily driver Mate  ??? ;) :D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

customsawyer

It has been neat watching her get excited about a truck. She normally don't even raise a eyebrow when I get another truck but as she was taking it for her first little ride she really enjoyed it. She says that since it is a little bit smaller it isn't as intimidating for her to drive.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

westyswoods

When she informed you it was her truck, I assume the your response was, "Yes dear, what would like like to go along with it."

Very clean looking just don't find em like that very often.
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

Larry

I had to look out the window just to make sure everything was still there.  Just a couple of differences...mine is a F-350 and the boss is a brunette.

Bought it new and now has 148,000 miles.  Still runs like new.  Had to put in a clutch a few thousand miles back...wasn't really the clutch, but the dual mass flywheel threw a couple of springs.  That has been my only trouble.  Hoping for another 100,000 trouble free miles.

customsawyer, you have very good taste...both in trucks and women. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bogue Chitto

I had a crew cab 350 4x4 like that.  Wish  I still had it.  :(

Ironwood

Cant beat that truck, great vintage with the 7.3 and straight and clean.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

customsawyer

I wish it had the 4X4 but the truck was so right in so many other ways that I couldn't pass it up.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Meadows Miller

You can get a 4x2 into alot  of places you just have to attack it in the rite way  ;)

sandhills

I've always had 4X4 and all I can figure is you have to walk that much further out when you get stuck  :D

Magicman

Stick a limited slip kit in the differential.  I did on the Toyota Tundra and it made a world of difference.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

I shoulda said in and Back out which is the important part getting in is the easy one  ;) :D :D :D :D ;D

lumberjack48

When i did run a 4x2 i always had a set of chains under the seat if needed, i could follow any 4x4.
customsawyer most of the Fords came with limited-slip. My 99 E150 van has it, gets around on ice or in snow very good. Thats a nice find, it is barely  broke in, its the only way to buy a vehicle.

I always ran 4x4's over the yrs. My last pickup was a 4x2, 1980 Ford it was my pride an joy, it had a 302, i pulled that and put a 351 Windsor High performance, this is a pic of one just like mine, except mine had a black grill. I wiped it down, just about everyday, the wife called it my pussy wagon  ;D

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

customsawyer

I am not to worried as most times that it is headed into rough country the other truck will be pulling the tractor first.  If this one gets stuck then between the tractor and the 16,500 lb winch on the front of the other truck something will get me out. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ironwood

Cant beat chains that is FOR SURE.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

tractormanNwv

Really good engines, sad that International changed it. My last company truck was a  2001 F-350 "single rear wheel" 4by4 quad cab automatic, I put 263,000 on it with 3 breakdowns on the road,West Virginia to Mobile, Al every week adds up quick, and alot of times going to Bay, St Louis, MS. Keep it serviced well and it will serve you well.

Jim

Brucer

I towed my mill around for years with a 1980 half-ton GMC 2WD -- even with a foot of wet snow on the ground. The secret -- a steel frame bolted across the back of the box with 9 concrete blocks in it. That added about 400 pounds behind the axle and made all the difference.

I carried chains for backup, but rarely used them more than once in a year.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!