iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

No snow a short bit south of here. We really only have an 1" that stuck around.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Not a snow melting day. I have 28° at 9:30 pm. Maybe 35 for a high today. I was out in the woods and the tractor was on top of the 2 inches of snow we got.
More coming Tuesday,looks about the same way,rain,snow,maybe an inch,maybe 6. Depends on that line again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

The forecasters said we should have around 2" by morning!

We'll see!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I hope that is all I get.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Rain,  rain and more rain... been hanging around 40 today and been raining all day,  and tomorrow, and the next day and the next day... I'm ready for it to dry up a little...

chevytaHOE5674

Snow snow and more snow. No major storms just the typical steady lake effect snow everyday. 25 inches in the last 3 days and it's still snowing on and off.

thecfarm

We get a bit more than 2 inches. More than 4 inches. Now it's a hard rain out there. I hope it rains enough to take it all away. But I doubt it will. Just makes a mess.
About 40 minutes away all rain.

SwampDonkey

Snow here since dawn, but only 2" thus far. More coming Friday. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Uh, some rain now. ;)

lxskllr

Rain here too. In another thread, I said fall hasn't been so wet. I need to retract that. Overall, I'd say every other day is wet, though the actual pattern has been closer to two on, two off.

SwampDonkey

Power has been out here since 3:30 am, on generator and obviously internet is powered to. We might have 2" snow, far less than the predicted 6-10". ;D

Chuck White

Woke up to an inch of snow and 14°F this morning!

Sun is out very bright, but the bitter wind takes the heat away!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

It dropped from 18 around 3:30 this morning to 8 F now at 9:30 am ;D Wind to is a howling.

thecfarm

No new snow to add to what we have.
Clear,few clouds and yes,that wind is busy. It says 18° but the wind is bringing it down to 6°. A good day to run some arrands and keep the OWB full of wood.
I do have a few things to move and put away. Something I should of done a few weeks ago,before the snow came,but I like to wait until the snow comes and it feels like 6° and the wind is blowing. ::) 

SwampDonkey

Hydro power is back on. :)

rjwoelk

Winter is over spring has returned.
Plus 6 for high(45).  Then a couple of freezin days and next week is around the 0 to plus 3. Till the end. Good milling weather cold enough to not over heat and warm enough to be comfy. :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

thecfarm

A few things have been moved. We went and bought 36 pounds of butter on sale. Than we had the buffet at Pizza Hut.
Wind still blowing. Snow blower not on. Like to get the FIL going. I just might wait until we get 6 inches of snow and than put it on,just to hear him holler about it. ;D  It's a 3pt one. Don't take long to put it on. Have to drop off the bush hog first. :D

lxskllr

40s today, and wintry mix called for tonight and tomorrow. House was at 53° when I got home today. I've lit my first real fire tonight, and the heat's rocking off the stove. Decently seasoned oak. The stuff I've been burning up til now was the punky and trashy wood I've collected off my tree. Big difference  :^)

Chuck White

Ray, just curious, how much was the butter per/pound?

On sale here, it usually runs right at $2.39/pound!

thecfarm

$2.49 is the best that we can find. She does alot of cooking,it won't last all that long. But long enough for the next sale. ;D   We missed the last one,so have been paying about $3.00 a pound,that is buying a 2 pound package. We took what we saved and spent almost half at Pizza Hut. We don't eat there often. Just like the buffet. I like the diffeant pizza that I can eat. Instead of eating one kind,I get to eat 3-4 diffeant kinds. I noticed the weasels went up on thier soda another 50 cents,almost $2.00 now. :o  Brenda likes to get salad there. Breadsticks are good too.

WDH

Bread, salt, cheese, meat.  Nothing green  :D.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Brenda was eating the salad. I had to look the other way. :D 

trapper

$1.99 once in a while here
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

SwampDonkey

Sale here is around $3.00/lb CDN, very rare $2.50. They make up for it in milk, $7.00 a gallon. :D I like our butter, but all our old provincial makers sold out, next generation decided to retire I guess. :D Used to make butter here local off local farms at the COOP, that ended by 1990 I think.

We don't eat margarine here, not fit to eat. ;D

Bricklayer51

A cool 24 degrees opening morning deer season heading out in 30 min.

Thank You Sponsors!