iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer watching

Started by CLL, March 05, 2009, 05:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk42

YES IT TIME TO GET STARTED

Rice Brand and yellow acorns {grits}
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Magicman

Nice bucks.  I gotta dust my cameras off and get them out.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

If these latest picks don't get one all stirred up and ready to hunt nothing will, getting mine out in just a minute, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

elk42

Trying to learn to post videos. If I did it correct Boss Buck 7 pt that the 10 pt ran from.

http://youtu.be/ghff7Mki8_4

Bennie C
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,

drobertson

Nice video elk42! that's some cool stuff to see,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

It is interesting how they know who is boss.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 05, 2013, 09:53:02 PM
It is interesting how they know who is boss.

Sort of like WIVES.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

elk42

When you feed lady deer yellow acorns {grits } they dance like this.

elk42

BEAR
   The bear has become a real problem on the deer lease. This year they have
wrecked three deer feeders already.

beenthere

He been around since back in 2008?  Or is the Primos new and date not set yet?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

I see Mama Bear is teaching her little guys bad habits, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

elk42

Beenthere
That was my friends  cam and he did not reset the date. The photo was taken
about two weeks ago. The middle one was taken this morning and I was on my
stand an saw him.

elk42

The 10 point on Boss buck got murdered on the lease next to us.

Magicman

That leaves the 7 for you.   ;D

elk42

Hello All

Another grandson got a young buck on my stand.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Elk, it looks as though you may have lost YOUR stand.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

THAT'S what it's all about! :) :) :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

elk42

POSTONLT40HD

I don't mind if they hunt with me in the stand it is a good time to bond. I have three grandson that likes to hunt with me. Also I owe them because they help me build a shed over my LT15.   

Magicman

Congrats to another Grandson.  There is nothing like watching your Children and Grandchildren becoming responsible hunters. 

VT_Forestry

I've found a couple nice ones here at work...

Very symmetrical 8-pointer

And what I believe to be a huge 9-pointer

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

beenthere

Nice bucks.
Can you hunt them there? (not while at work, but at another time in season). 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

VT_Forestry

Quote from: beenthere on November 21, 2013, 01:45:35 PM
Nice bucks.
Can you hunt them there? (not while at work, but at another time in season). 

Unfortunately, at this point, no.  That's not to say that people aren't out there after them every day, a large piece of land in an otherwise developed area is a draw for all kinds of shady activities, poaching being a big one this time of year.  I am actively trying to get at least an archery lottery established, but since it's city-owned property, it would have to go through the downtown minded city council.  It's a shame - I am essentially the caretaker for an 8100 acre game preserve.  At least I know where to go looking for sheds in the early spring!  :D
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

drobertson

Urban seasons seem to be on the increase, maybe this would work in your area, it does help reduce the vehicle incidents and in breeding issues,  but on the other hand its nice to see how big deer can become when allowed to get some age,    david

Thank You Sponsors!