iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hurricane laura

Started by pineywoods, August 31, 2020, 08:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Latest on laura. I live in the northern part of louisiana so we didn't get the full brunt of laura, but still plenty of problems. Strong straight line winds with scattered embedded tornado or two. Over 4 inches of rain, not a problem, I live on a big hill. I lost a few trees but only minor structure damage. Lots of limbs off my pecan trees. Power lines all down and most roads blocked. Power out for 36 hours, My power service is on the same supply line as the local water system so we get priorty on restore crews. I got a standby generator going in time to save 2 freezers full of frozen food. 4 days later, lots of folks still no power. Phone service and internet out over most of my area. Cell towers running generators so we have communications. Gasoline is hard to come by. Grocery store shelves are bare.
Personally, we are better off than most of our neighbors due to dealing with self quarantine for covid19.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

samandothers

Sorry you are having to deal with it.  It sounds like you got it handled.  Stay safe and hope things get back to more normal soon.  

Tacotodd

I'm more or less in the middle of Arkansas and I've been mostly lucky here. A little high wind and when it rains due to Laura it's a deluge. It hasn't rained here in about 14 hours, but I'm not counting on anything yet. It's like our Arkansas Razorback football team, don't bet on them either way. You'll probably lose!

On the bright side, disregarding the humidity it's about 4 degrees cooler!
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!