iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Low Torgue on a WM LT70 in reverse

Started by just_sawing, July 02, 2009, 12:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I ahve been working with WM on a drive problem. I had the control for the drive go out both reverse and forward. Got the part in and had to modify the installation due to my mill having varible speed control in reverse. I attached the power to the floating diode base (12V) and was up.
The problem is that I have low torque in reverse.
I Have cleaned the terminals from the battery to the control side of the fusiable link.
Assured that there is nothing dragging on the head.
Removed the gear head and assured no problems in the box.
Applied 12 volts from a battery pack to the motor and the motor is fine.
Cleaned all wiring to the brushes anyway.
Visually inspected all bearing and have no rough spots. (When the 12v was applied to the motor the head move quick, smooth and caosted to a stop.
I am down to the drive that is New and the soliniods. for the drive. Have never seen this type of problem be a soliniod.
Can I bypass the variable speed for reverse with out other problems?
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

sparks

The reverse will run as fast as the forwards does. The power feed board does not supply a full 12 volts to the motor so it will be slower. That is why it runs faster when connected to the battery. You can eliminate the controlled reverse by rewiring the solenoids. I have attached how they should be wired. By doing this you may wallow out the keyway slot on the motor and gear box. That is the reason why we control the reverse.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

just_sawing

Thanks to WM for the help. I know this system pretty good now. It boiled down to what was different between the forward and reverse. It just didn't make sense since I want looking at every connection and there was no heat not corrsion there. Finally I broke the connections at the reverse Solinoid and it sstarted to work better.
Do appreciate Woodmizers Tech service they are second to none
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Thank You Sponsors!