iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Coyote.

Started by Jeff, September 12, 2005, 02:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Reminds me I saw some fox pups this week.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red

a woman was Treed by a Coyote yesterday in South Jeresy 
she was on a walk alone
she stayed in the Tree 5 hours  :)
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

sandhills

This is the shop at our "new" place, about 6 am one day I was laying flooring and had went to get more when I noticed something moving in the yard.  I thought it was just a big tomcat I'd been seeing around, only caught a glimpse but when I went out I saw a coyote pup wander into the North door so I snuck up in front of my pickup and waited for him to come out the South door which was also open at the time, knelt down and when it came out said hey buddy whatcha doin, he froze in his tracks and very slowly turned his head to look, it had the oh shucks I've been caught look all over it, then scampered off  :D.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

coxy

Ron do you hunt for them up there   it looks to be in 20-30lb range

Ron Scott

Yes, they are hunted here during a July 15-April 15 season or can be taken at any time on private land if they are doing damage. They can also be hunted during night time hours with a fur bearers license and game or predator call from October 15-March 1.

Coyote hunters do hunt this property. A large coyote came by my tree stand one afternoon last week, while I was bow hunting, but not quite in range for a good shot.
~Ron

sandhills

Ron, I had a neighbor nicknamed Slim, he was a large guy, one night he and a few buddies went out to call coyotes.  Picture this, nice full moon, snow on the ground, you could see everything but, they called in a mountain lion instead (not unheard of but very unusual around here to see one).  They were perched on some big round hay bales and he beat them all back to the truck, never went out again  :D.

coxy

Quote from: sandhills on October 22, 2015, 07:33:51 PM
Ron, I had a neighbor nicknamed Slim, he was a large guy, one night he and a few buddies went out to call coyotes.  Picture this, nice full moon, snow on the ground, you could see everything but, they called in a mountain lion instead (not unheard of but very unusual around here to see one).  They were perched on some big round hay bales and he beat them all back to the truck, never went out again  :D.
I think I would have left a brown streak some place  :D

Ron Scott

Site where photos of coyote pups were taken earlier this summer.

~Ron

Ron Scott

Found this in the nearby area; either shot and not retrieved by a hunter and eaten or a direct coyote or bear kill since it is a very small deer.

~Ron

LaneC

I know a man down here who owns a Red deer hunting facility and he told me the other day that the coyotes have killed 12 of his new born stock already this year. They are a problem in certain areas.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

Soaking up some morning sun.

~Ron

Magicman

I am fascinated by your pictures.  I wish that my place was close enough that I could set out cameras and check them regularly.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on June 15, 2016, 08:13:20 PM
I am fascinated by your pictures.  I wish that my place was close enough that I could set out cameras and check them regularly.

Your to busy taking pictures of food.  :) But I'm not complaining.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

When I get back up at the farm at the new house, I'm investing in one of them trail cams. I have paths and trails busy with moose, yotes and bear moving about. Sometimes a deer.  :)

I hope the bear don't find it, they chew anything plastic. Even pruning saws. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

They do make bear guards for some of the camera brands. I have two Moultrie cameras with two such guards and they have been scratched up by the bears. The camera that took the above coyote picture has a bear guard on it since that is in an active bear area.
~Ron

DelawhereJoe

I think I had 2 younger coyotes in my pasture last evening, both about 4" taller then a red fox that was out there also but about 100 yds away. They were playing in the mud around my back pond, one of them was rolling around in it, turned them a brownish black. Positive that they are not wild dogs or someone's pets.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

ppine

In Nevada we have a lifetime supply. I hear the coyote choir several nights a week. If you have pets, you need a fenced yard here.  People lose many pets to coyotes out walking them.  Often while on a leash.

One day this spring I went down to get the mail. There was a bald eagle watching me from a telephone pole. He was here for calving season and they eat the afterbirth.  While opening the mail box, I could see 4 coyotes plain as day in the alfalfa field across the road. Sometimes we see mountain lions out there.  The wild horses come by the back fence.  The problem bears at Lake Tahoe get airlifted to the mountains behind the house.  Every place has its own wildlife.  The places worth living often have lots of it.
Forester

Thank You Sponsors!