iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which splitter/conveyor combo to chose?

Started by logman81, October 25, 2014, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Looking into which splitter/conveyor combo to get. Looking at the American super with log lift pans and six way and their 20 conveyor. Also looking at built rites 11 how with all options and their 20 ft conveyor.  So far leaning more towards built rite as I like the wedge design and like that it has a larger cylinder and ten way wedge option.
Precision Firewood & Logging

xalexjx

Logging and Processed Firewood

North River Energy

If you like red and silver paint, type 'log splitter' in the CLVT search box.

timberlinetree

We have a (brute) built-rite set up and has been good. Has run a lot of wood thru it!

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thewoodman

Manuka / Radiata Pine / Redwood

logman81

brendonv

Every since i built a log bucking table, i really fly through wood. Super split and built rite conveyor.  Break down large rounds with your current hydro splitter. In good wood the super split is incredible. 

To me, finding an easy way to buck logs into length was the problem. Table was the answer.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: brendonv on October 27, 2014, 10:18:47 AM
Every since i built a log bucking table, i really fly through wood. Super split and built rite conveyor.  Break down large rounds with your current hydro splitter. In good wood the super split is incredible. 

To me, finding an easy way to buck logs into length was the problem. Table was the answer.
Not to hijack the OP but could you post a thread on your log bucking table or a link to it if you already have? Thanks!

logman81

I'd be interested to see that table as well.

brendonv

Nothing fancy to be honest. Just 8x8 legs 2x6 framing. I made it 4x8. But wish it was bigger. I place the logs on it with a loader. Cut them to length, and roll them down a ramp or lift and pivot them onto the splitters table. The table holds half splits while you split the other half if its big wood. Theres a small aisle way between me and the splitter. Maybe a foot and a half two feet.

Just works great, no bending, no lifting,  just cutting and maneuvering. Simple, cheap, fast and effective.

www.VorioTree.com

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

brendonv

Ahhh yes. Ill park the grapple trailer camera side and reach over and place logs. Like i said, its small. Id go bigger next time, but i have limited space out back.

www.VorioTree.com

logman81

Seems like you got a good system. Getting close to making a sale!

Thank You Sponsors!