iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 064

Started by woodyone.john, April 22, 2012, 06:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodyone.john

I'd like to fix my old 064.I fitted a new piston and barrel 2 years before It needs a new coil assy.anyone got an old saw that wants to sell a coil or does any other particular other coil fit. cheers guys john
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

AdkStihl

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, but wouldnt an 066/660 coil be a direct fit?
J.Miller Photography

markd

Can't you get a new coil for the 064? I'll check here, I've got a buddy and he might have one. Markd
markd

nmurph

Quote from: AdkStihl on April 22, 2012, 09:48:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, but wouldnt an 066/660 coil be a direct fit?

Some do, some don't. You have to match the flywheel. I have seen JJ post that info elsewhere.

Ward Barnes

Quote from: woodyone.john on April 22, 2012, 06:16:44 AM
I'd like to fix my old 064.I fitted a new piston and barrel 2 years before It needs a new coil assy.anyone got an old saw that wants to sell a coil or does any other particular other coil fit. cheers guys john

I stopped by a flee-market and found a 064.  It started on the 3rd pull, idled and ran strong.  The bar and chain looked like it had been used to saw large rocks into small bits.  The seller wanted "$600.00 Firm".  He still has it.

Hope you can get your part.  They are great saws.

Ward.
7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

markd

If I remember correctly $6oo is what the were new!! But I guess they're collector saws now. Markd
markd

Thank You Sponsors!