iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber devil splitter,maiden voyage

Started by 47sawdust, August 14, 2017, 04:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I drove up to La Conception,Quebec on Friday to pick up my freshly made splitter.Sunday I had a chance to use it for a couple hours.I am impressed with the clean,simple design.It tows well behind my ATV.The split wood is tossed off to the side so it isn't in my way.Never had a log loader so that is a real treat.The foot actuated hyd.control allows two hands around the block so the wood can be oriented for the next split.The cycle time is not as fast as my Supersplitter,but 7 seconds is still pretty quick.The splitting table is very generous,23''x48'' and even more with the log loader in the horizontal position.The fatigue factor is greatly reduced with this design.This is the smallest model they make,it is also available without the log loader for $1k less.I paid $5845 picked up at the plant.No broker fee,no duty at the border.Very nice people to do business with.The owner,builder speaks no English,but the rep,Pierre Marion is bi-lingual,friendly and responsive.

My hand is on the lifting valve handle,I can fill the tray right up full and it will lift it with ease

I've got more pictures but for some reason I can't upload them to this post or my gallery.

The motor is a 6.5hp Honda GX series,auto return is very fast.That's all for now.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thechknhwk

Looks awesome, do they have an option for a 4 or 6-way wedge?

47sawdust

Timber Devil has an optional 4 way wedge.I was told by a neighbor not to get it as it has a tendency to get bound up.You also have more control of the size of your splits with a single wedge.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

hedgerow

Nice looking splitter. You are going to enjoy that log lift. I wouldn't have a splitter any more with out one.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thechknhwk

Congrats and enjoy, log lift must be the cat's meow.

Thank You Sponsors!