iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Killing time

Started by Patrick NC, August 12, 2021, 11:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

The last couple of weeks have been busy so I haven't had a lot of time to catch up on the forum. Well, today my wife is having back surgery so I've got plenty of time to read up on what I missed. Hopefully this surgery cures the problem since she's been in constant pain for several months now. Ruptured disc pressing against nerves in her spinal column. Its been a real fight getting the health insurance to pay for what they're supposed to. They managed to drag it into the new insurance year so I have to pay another $6800 in out of pocket expenses and deductible. We had met the max out of pocket for last year, so I should have known they'd do that. They are also 3 months behind on her long term disability payments. But they still expect to get their premiums on time!  What a scam.  Sometimes I envy the folks that don't care to work and get everything paid for by the rest of us. Sorry for the rant but this is what happens when I get time on my hands to think about such things. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

WV Sawmiller

Sorry for the hassles but I hope all goes well with the wife's surgery.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Patrick NC

Thanks. She just got out of surgery. Doc said everything went well. Removed a piece about the size of a marble that was pressing against the nerves. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

trimguy

barbender

Hopefully it takes care of her pain issues!
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

Been there twice.  Be patient with her, the road to recovery can be hard, lot of muscle there that gets cut and takes time to heal and get strength back.  Find a good PT, it makes a difference.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Patrick NC

Well, I got her settled in for the night and sleeping. First time she's been able to sleep in the bed in a couple of months. I took a week vacation from work so I can keep an eye on her. I've got a few orders I can saw here at home and be able to check in every hour or so. I'm charging up the 2 way radios tonight so she can call if she needs me. 

Southside

It's really, really, easy to over do it.  You have been in pain so long and now have relief, not too long after the 5 lb lifting restriction seems foolish and there are things to be done, so....  Be the one to remind her, and if she doesn't listen tell her to call me, I can give her plenty of advice on how to wreck a perfectly good repair surgery and how it turns into a 2 year recovery.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

Similar to when I was split "stem to stern", not really but it sure seemed like it. 33 staples and they removed 1.5' , yes FEET of intestines just to keep me alive. It takes time to heal. And this was in 04 & I'll be 50 in October, so you can do the math. I still (& always will) have that scar, but it's getting really hard to find the staple marks. I never want to go through that again. PM me if you ever want to know what my dietary restrictions are. Awesome restrictions for the most part, but there are some things that I really miss.
Trying harder everyday.

Don P

Low and slow. Hope y'all had a decent night. I'd stay close to the house today, when the blocks and horspital pain meds wear off it can be rough the first day. GL on the recovery.

We've been through the same hurdles this year. My missus got the new knee and they were trying to delay hip surgery, I imagine to get into another deductable cycle. That didn't play too well.

outdoorslife

We had a major issue last year with my spouses health.  What we found that helped (oddly enough) was an patient advocate assigned from inside the insurance company.  They actually did go to bat for us, and helped push stuff through and clarify items.

But overall had to do lots of calling, and I work for a big company so we have internal folks assigned to help clear things up too.  But again lots of calling and pushing and some polite arm twisting.

Good luck and hope your wife's health improves!

moodnacreek

Back trouble, who needs it? Been through it myself and got mostly over it but you are never young again. Patrick, I hope your wife is as lucky as I was. Did you get up north this summer?

Patrick NC

Quote from: moodnacreek on August 13, 2021, 08:53:30 PM
Back trouble, who needs it? Been through it myself and got mostly over it but you are never young again. Patrick, I hope your wife is as lucky as I was. Did you get up north this summer?
We had planned on going in September,  but I think we'll wait until the wife has had time to heal up. Probably make a trip up at Christmas. 

mike_belben

Glad she is on the mend. 

Any of you folks had "spinal stenosis" surgery? 
Praise The Lord

Magicman

My wife, PatD, did and now her little toe hurts.  Of course her toe doesn't hurt, but the nerve ending tells her brain that her toe hurts......so it does and the pain never goes away, ever. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

I guess thats a risk to consider. Did it relieve her back issue?
Praise The Lord

dgdrls

Patrick, I hope the Mrs. is on the mend and doing well

D

Magicman

Thanks for asking and I forgot to say that her back pain was relieved.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jasonb

Patrick,

Godspeed to your wife's recovery and healing.

My wife had 3 vertebrae in her neck fused on July 14th. And like a good husband I brought covid home 2 weeks later.  She didn't get too sick from covid and is now recovered.  She is in a neck brace for 2 more weeks and has had no issues with her neck surgery.  I am sure that once she gets the neck brace off and is released, I will have to control the throttle for her a little.
HM122

Thank You Sponsors!