iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawdust for racing at Bristol

Started by dgdrls, April 02, 2021, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

So I learned this week that during the track preparation for the dirt race at Bristol Motor Speedway
a base layer of sawdust was used.

Seems it makes removing the dirt racing surface from the underlying concrete surface much easier.

Neat stuff

D

WV Sawmiller

Isn't Nathan,@123maxbars , near there? Did you notice if it was mostly walnut sawdust? I wouldn't put it past him to have developed another niche market like this. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mike_belben

The guy with the walkie talkie must be the boss   :D
Praise The Lord

btulloh

Quote from: mike_belben on April 03, 2021, 08:27:54 AM
The guy with the walkie talkie must be the boss   :D
:D  He must work for VDOT. 
HM126

Southside

I was thinking it had to be a government job.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Southside on April 03, 2021, 08:37:53 AM
I was thinking it had to be a government job.  :D
I thought they made a device now that held up rakes, shovels and the like by themselves, so no one was needed to hold them up anymores..... :o
Necessity is the engine of drive

ellmoe

Quote from: Sedgehammer on April 05, 2021, 06:32:52 AM

I thought they made a device now that held up rakes, shovels and the like by themselves, so no one was needed to hold them up anymores..... :o
I recently told a newly hired employee that I had a wall that could hold up the saw dust shovel and that I didn't need him to do that job. It took a minute for him to understand what I meant. He was gone shortly after that. The wall is still here and it still holds the shovel upright just fine. ;D
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!