iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prince Philip passes at 99!

Started by doc henderson, April 09, 2021, 07:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmfromkansas

Being Scottish, don't know why anyone cares a bit for the royals?  My family fought against them for hundreds of years, and finally whipped them in America. Scotland was an occupied country. Anyone who fought against the king was thrown off their land.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Sedgehammer

Quote from: farmfromkansas on April 17, 2021, 10:17:59 AM
Being Scottish, don't know why anyone cares a bit for the royals?  My family fought against them for hundreds of years, and finally whipped them in America. Scotland was an occupied country. Anyone who fought against the king was thrown off their land.
I concur and I'm 1/2 english..... ;D  but that rolls over to all royalty.  
Necessity is the engine of drive

doc henderson

He seemed like a neat old man, and we fought along side in WWII.  It is their system and tradition.  I do not want to be Amish, but I respect their tradition and the ones that suffer along.  He was a member of the greatest generation and can not help it if he was born a prince.  I admire their ability to chew your ash in a polite way, like they do in the south.  Bless your heart!   as they say.  I am also not royal.  Our American ancestors did the same to the native American Indians and Mexicans.  I am not paying respect cause he is royal but because of who he appears to be.  I did not know him personally!   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

sounds like he liked to hunt, race horses and go off road.  He served in the military although he may have been protected.  He tried to take good care of his family.  all from what I hear.  might have been fun to have on the forum.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

He served in the Mediterranean and got involved in skirmishes at Crete and Cape Matapan so wasn't protected. I have to give him credit, he was fiercely loyal to her and the country but didn't find him particularly likeable. He was bigoted, could be quite crude and was a demanding father especially toward Charles who unfortunately is next in line for the throne. Imho, the royalty is a huge waste of time and money, a throwback to the past, but it is their system. The Queen is still officially our head of state but has no authority, it is purely ceremonial, and enjoys a huge following.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sedgehammer

Quote from: doc henderson on April 17, 2021, 11:06:17 AM
He seemed like a neat old man, and we fought along side in WWII.  It is their system and tradition.  I do not want to be Amish, but I respect their tradition and the ones that suffer along.  He was a member of the greatest generation and can not help it if he was born a prince.  I admire their ability to chew your ash in a polite way, like they do in the south.  Bless your heart!   as they say.  I am also not royal.  Our American ancestors did the same to the native American Indians and Mexicans.  I am not paying respect cause he is royal but because of who he appears to be.  I did not know him personally!   :)
Agreed
Necessity is the engine of drive

Thank You Sponsors!