The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Permits, Ag Zoning, Development Covenants, Building Without a Permit  (Read 806 times)

Offline Walnut Beast

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Permits, Ag Zoning, Development Covenants, Building Without a Permit
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 09:56:05 PM »
Farmfromkansas since you developed 3 subdivisions and you bought a used truck awhile back I think you could have sprung for a new one 😂

Offline Patrick NC

• I'm not new anymore, but still pretty green
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 08:27:37 AM »
No fire department, no insurance, they are on their own.

thats pretty much the price of meaningful freedom.   volunteer only FD, no trash pickup, no law or at least not much beyond doing a parade cruise where you never exit the car.. and a whole lotta crazy.  the property appraisals on my road are done by two elderly folks in an unmarked car via 20 second glance out at the end of each driveway because theyre scared.   i asked who they were the first year and asked them to raise my assessment a bit so my equity would go up.  nearly double the property value cost me like $15 a year property tax.

we cannot get fire insurance and places get lit here all the dang time. a burning house is sort of like a block party. sometimes its a neighbor burning the place next to him, sometimes its a neighbor burning his own.  in fact where i sit now was once a trailer that its owner burned in a dispute with his wife then buried the carcass out in the back.  and ive buried it more.
Sounds like where I live. I like it that way. We call it 30 minutes from anywhere. 30 minutes to the grocery store, Walmart, or even the closet place to eat. When we go buy gas we bring a bunch of 5 gallon cans because it takes $5 worth just to drive to the closest gas station. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Offline Sedgehammer

• Senior Member x2
  • Old enough to know better, but ya only live once!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 12:39:09 PM »
Farmfromkansas since you developed 3 subdivisions and you bought a used truck awhile back I think you could have sprung for a new one 😂
but that mentality got him where he could build 3 subdivisions..... ;D

Offline farmfromkansas

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
I could buy a new truck, just don't want to. Reason I wanted to get a heavier pickup was I pull heavy trailers occasionally.  My Chevy HD 2500 is a little weak and light weight for the trailers I pull, GN stock trailer and flatbed, for hauling hay.  Also have a 300 gallon sprayer I mount on a pickup and spray grass.  The F-450 is a better size truck for those jobs.  Probably will drive it about 1500 miles per year.  My daily driver is a Tacoma, and it goes about ten thousand miles a year, and I have 4 other heavier trucks. They don't go a lot of miles.  The 04 Chevy has 38000 miles on it. The gas mileage is really bad for short trips on it, that's why I have a Tacoma. The old F450 is only a little worse than the Chevy. The bigger trucks make about 4 mpg, and they don't go a thousand miles a year, but have to have them to haul grain to the coop. So don't need new trucks.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Building Permits

Started by Sixacresand on Sawmills and Milling

25 Replies
Last post March 24, 2013, 08:50:33 PM
by WoodenHead
xx
Over height permits

Started by Firewoodjoe on Forestry and Logging

25 Replies
Last post November 23, 2017, 07:26:41 PM
by Gearbox