iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this?

Started by DPatton, April 15, 2021, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPatton

Last fall I cut the 3rd and smallest leader off of a mature river birch that hung precariously out over where I park my vehicles and the corner of our house. This spring when the tree came out of dormancy the wound at the cut off poured water out of it for days and days. Now that cut off has turned into the funky, slimy, orange colored mess in the attached photo. 

Can anyone tell me what this orange slime is, and if I need to do anything about it to protect the tree? Your helpful advice is appreciated.

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

aigheadish

Weird! 

I have a clearish, slimy, kind of oily looking substance coming out of some of the trees in my back yard. After reading the above article I wonder if it's a different but similar stuff. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DPatton

Thank you Texas Ranger your reply was very helpful.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!