iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wedding anniversaries

Started by Sedgehammer, April 25, 2021, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

Today is my 13th year married and I'm still in awe of my wife. I'm 55, so i doubt we'll have a golden, but each day is golden i get to spend with her. She's undoubtedly the most intelligent complete person I know.  
Necessity is the engine of drive

firefighter ontheside

Congratulations on 13 years.  I'm closing in on 20 years in about a month.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Howdy

My wife told me I was going to marry her 40 years ago and I have never regretted it to this day.  Tomorrow, who knows.  

There I was, young, having fun, and enjoying the single life when along comes this gal with the makings of a good wife...for my roommate.  I started extolling her virtues and how wonderful she was, perfect in every way, and somehow it backfired on me.  I guess I was too good a salesman and she saw something in me that appealed to her so before I knew what was happening my single days of fun and freedom were over.

God must have planed well because the years have rolled by complete with challenges, trials, and blessings that have bonded us together as one.   

Enjoy every day and never take your mate for granted. Remember nothing is more important than their feelings so always consider how your words, actions, and choices affect your spouse.  Winning every argument or getting your way is never worth making your loved one feel less valued in your marriage.  

Howdy

Mike W

Good points and comments Howdy, working on 32 years this year come September.

What a ride its been, with no end in sight, well I hope that is ::)

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Howdy on April 25, 2021, 10:37:26 AM
My wife told me I was going to marry her 40 years ago and I have never regretted it to this day.  Tomorrow, who knows.  

There I was, young, having fun, and enjoying the single life when along comes this gal with the makings of a good wife...for my roommate.  I started extolling her virtues and how wonderful she was, perfect in every way, and somehow it backfired on me.  I guess I was too good a salesman and she saw something in me that appealed to her so before I knew what was happening my single days of fun and freedom were over.

God must have planed well because the years have rolled by complete with challenges, trials, and blessings that have bonded us together as one.  

Enjoy every day and never take your mate for granted. Remember nothing is more important than their feelings so always consider how your words, actions, and choices affect your spouse.  Winning every argument or getting your way is never worth making your loved one feel less valued in your marriage.  

Howdy
WoW. I have few words that can adequately express how spot on that is. Your spouse is a lucky woman
Necessity is the engine of drive

firefighter ontheside

@Howdy you have great insight for a man just 13 years of age.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tom King

Had our 41st on the 18th.  The same day as my Mom's 105th Birthday.  

I found my Wife in a broken down MGB, on the side of the road, after midnight one night in 1977.  We've been together ever since.

dgdrls

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on April 25, 2021, 11:08:41 AM
@Howdy you have great insight for a man just 13 years of age.
Old soul, ;)

34 for Mrs & I this year

D

pineywoods

Bunch of newlyweds !!!!!!! 62 years last week the last 20 as a full-time care giver for her.. we have lived at 21 different addresses
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

gspren

Will be 35 years in June, I chased her till she caught me! That was one of my dads sayings.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

dean herring

We will make 28 years Thursday. I am a very blessed man because I have my best friend, soulmate and my beautiful wife all in one.
An absolute gift from God🙏🙏
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

bulldozerjoe

Was my 3 year yesterday, been together 12... everyday is a adventure.... 
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

hedgerow

This Sep will be thirty seven years for us. Ever once and while I think I can't believe it's been that long. Its went by fast and been very good. Glad we found each other.

Tacotodd

And to think, my wife asked ME out first. I'd been thinking about asking her out since I first saw her, but she always came to the store where I worked, and the timing was always wrong for me to be able to follow her out an ask her (you NEVER want to do something like that unless it's on a more "neutral" ground) out. So, one day she she came to the store, and again I was more busy than a cat covering up fecal matter), so she became irritated that I was busy and on her way out the door. I told the phone person that I was speaking to that I'd have to call them back because a lady was asking me out. They laughed and I chased my (future) wife down out in the parking lot. I said "so, when do you want to go out?". History is made. The first time in my life (I was 43 at that time) I was married! My 2 sisters could not believe it. They thought for sure that I was going to be a confirmed bachelor for the rest of my life! I was taught well by my parents (by example), this IS the only time in my life that I'm ever going to be married! 

5-15-15.  Just happens to be the most popular # in Wix for any Ford oil filter ever. Easy date for a parts guy to remember. And SHE picked the date. I didn't tell her the significance until AFTER we got hitched!
Trying harder everyday.

PoginyHill

This year makes 34 years for me. First met her at our 8th grade science fair (how geeky). Were friends during HS, but she didn't date me until she was almost done her freshman year of college. Married for our senior year. We both went to the same in-state university - just by chance (or fate).
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

Howdy

At 25 years of age I was attending college and my girlfriend at the time was taking up a lot of my spare time.  I lived an hour away and was spending so much time at her place before returning home each evening I was falling asleep on the road.  Love, lust, whatever a young mans fancy is called causes him to be stupid, so when she invited me to join her at church one weekend it was a welcome experience.  I enjoyed the welcoming attitude of the people so I continued to attend there, allowed me to find new friends and joining the college age people's group filled parts of my being I never knew were empty.  

Finding a roommate in the group allowed me to move into the area and friendships grew while the romance with the girlfriend cooled.  She moved away and I stayed allowing me to be exposed to other gals in the group and dating them showed me I was not excited about marriage.  Throughout my life I had never seen a successful marriage, my mother had been married five times, other people I knew had gone through mates like wind in the trees. The need for marriage was far from my thoughts and I spent my time just growing up learning how to be an adult.  

Eventually I found the church needed me to work on the soundboard operating the microphones and recording sermons, and my location allowed me to hear sounds from the children's nursery.  They always could use additional help so after my duties were done I helped out there.  The lady running the nursery was pleasant company but was not a member of my youth group as she had been married and had four children herself.  However I could see her qualities and caring nature so the idea of helping my roommate find a good wife was born.  

And so you know the rest of the story....

WV Sawmiller

My wife and her roommate came to the trailer park where my brother and I were renting at AU. The manager was out so they started to leave without looking but my brother saw her and was in a math class with her so he spoke to her. She said she was looking for a new place and a new roommate but would have to leave as nobody to show them around. He told her, come look at ours, they are all the same. I was outside with no shirt on, a heavy beard and washing a black snake that had an accident in his pen. (I still don't remember why I had a blacksnake - probably caught it for a friend doing a herpetology collection and got so many points for each reptile turned in.) 

They looked the place over and we told them the rental rates and policies. The manager showed up and she told them they could have ours as we were leaving for the summer in a couple of weeks. A couple days later my future wife showed up with her bike, some cinderblocks and shelf boards to leave in our place as she needed the room and we were leaving anyway. We moved out, she moved in. When we returned in the Fall we got the place next door. We all became good friends but did not date. I'd make a big pot of deer chili and invite them over and tell them to bring their own bowl as we only had 2. We eventually got a couple of extra settings at a Goodwill or such. We'd go to the free movies at the student union or window shopping at the mall on the weekends we were both up there. She'd come over on Wednesday night and watch the 6 million dollar man as it came on at the same time as Tony Orlando and Dawn which Phylis wanted to watch and it was her TV so she'd put her foot down then. I'd make honey date nut bars I found in my beekeeping recipe book. She thought I kept them all the time and did not know I just made them on Wednesdays. My final quarter and a few weeks from graduation I joined the USMC and was heading to OCS after graduation and she got more interested but I was not and did not want to hurt her feelings. 

I graduated, had them mail me my diploma and went to Quantico. She kept writing my wile I was in training. I came home on Christmas leave and was driving my car back up with me and had to drive right past so I reluctantly agreed to stop by as I did not want to hurt her feelings. I pulled up to the trailer she was still renting about 3:00 pm on January 2nd 1977 and she was sitting on the porch steps and the instant I saw her I fell in love with her. We talked and I took her to a high end restaurant and treated her to her first lobster. I had to leave and headed back to Ouantico and overnighted on the way. We got a break in training and I came back in February, graduated and got commissioned in late April and stopped by a couple days on the way home. I proposed to her on My 8 (Mother's Day 1977 and I went back to Quantico where I was in training at TBS. I got off the rifle range July 1st, flew to Huntsville Ala and got married 2:00 pm on 2 July in Cullman and we headed back. I tell people we were friends for 2 years but never dated till just before we married so I saved a ton of money on dating expenses. 
We knocked around USMC 13 more years, had a son in Okinawa and a daughter in Beaufort and I got out and started working overseas. My wife bought the place up here while I was working for the Saudi Navy just before the first Gulf War broke out, I moved them in and we have been here ever since. With my overseas work and vacations we have been on 5 continents and visited some of the most remote places on earth. Camped with primitive tribes, hunted with pygmies, been charged by angry Silverback gorillas and elephants, dived the Red Sea, hosted 7 different foreign exchange students and generally had a real full life including 5 grandkids from 2-15 now. 

July will be 44 years for us and I'm still trying to get her trained properly. She's bought homes and vehicles and handled sick kids and lost family members while I was working at various locations around the world and done an amazing job so I guess i should go ahead and keep her.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!